Windows 10: Command Line and Batch - Start Command [/D Path] option ignored

Discus and support Command Line and Batch - Start Command [/D Path] option ignored in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In a batch file using the start command [/D Path] option is ignored example: D:\TempJDK>START "Work Damn It" /b /d ".\temp" /MIN /HIGH testRun.bat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by A Customer of Repute, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Command Line and Batch - Start Command [/D Path] option ignored

In a batch file using the start command [/D Path] option is ignored example:

D:\TempJDK>START "Work Damn It" /b /d ".\temp" /MIN /HIGH testRun.bat
    The system cannot find the file testRun.bat.

Here "temp" is a sub folder of the current directory. The /d ".\temp" option is ignored and this worked in w10 1803 and NOW is broken in w10 1809...

Will this be fixed in an update???

:)

A Customer of Repute, Dec 7, 2018
  2. ducknoir Win User

GPU-Z command line options?

I haven't been able to find a comprehensive list of the command line options for GPU-Z. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

ducknoir, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Command Line and Batch - Start Command [/D Path] option ignored :)

Naki, Dec 7, 2018
  4. ducknoir Win User

Command Line and Batch - Start Command [/D Path] option ignored

GPU-Z command line options?

Thanks for the quick reply.

For what it's worth, here's what I would like to do:

Start GPU-Z from a command line invoked from Task Scheduler on startup, and run it without a GUI, logging the GPU temperatures to a file. I think this may be possible as-is, but so far I haven't been able to come up with quite the right setup.

It would be helpful if you could specify logging options (filename/path, which parameters to log, for example) on the command line.

Thanks.

ducknoir, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Command Line and Batch - Start Command [/D Path] option ignored

1. Command Line and Batch - Start Command [/D Path] option ignored - Similar Threads - Command Line Batch

2. Batch File Command???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch File Command???: I want to run a batch file that starts a backup program, but does not execute the next command until that program completes? How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-file-command/3af2ce6b-ace3-43cb-b6fb-5cbff8998736
  3. Command line commands

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command line commands: I would like to create a shortcut on the desktop using a command in a .bat file. I would like to specify what icon file to use, what program to execute, and the parameters to pass to the program. I have researched MKLINK but I don't think it will do the job. Any...
  4. Command Line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Line: I am attempting to copy and entire directory from one HDD to another, by keep getting an error of "Invalid umber of parameters." The file path to the Directory is as follows: G:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\OLD OS FOLDER The destination folder is C:\OLDOS Can someone PLEASE...
  5. can a command line action as batch file

in Windows 10 Support
    can a command line action as batch file: I have a run a action on one of my programs to disable it (when required) quite regularly from an elevated cmd prompt... Can it be made into a bath file (.bat) and executed as and when required? 174187
  6. Command Line command question

Command Line command question: I created a folder on my computer with a ampersand, name & name2 Recently I needed to access this folder but the ampersand prevented me from accessing using the 'cd' from the root c:\ Would someone be so kind to provide me with the syntax I need? I realize now I should...
  7. Batch command to include random line from file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch command to include random line from file?: Hello, i was wondering if i can include random line from file into a Windows 10 batch script command. Command is: wmic computersystem where name="%COMPUTERNAME%" call rename name="Computer%RANDOM%" and instead of "Computer%RANDOM%" i would like to input random line from...
  8. Command Line

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Line: My command line shows a different name when im the only user on the pc. submitted by /u/Fuadop [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hv4f7i/command_line/
  9. Batch commands

Batch commands: I know this stuff is kind of old tech, but would anyone know how to make a script that goes through the contents of a folder or file and uses them as command-line arguments say in pseudocode it might look something like: for each item in Desktop, copy %name% to D:\ a USB...
  10. Command Line

Command Line: Hello sir. I am using windows 10 64bit. Earlier the netsat command use to work but it doesnt work now. whenever i try this command it displa an error. C:\>netstat 'netstat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. i have tried...