Windows 10: Command line applications seeming to pause after some time

Discus and support Command line applications seeming to pause after some time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've had a problem lately when trying to run game servers or command line applications (Doesn't seem to be application dependent at all) where the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RussEfarmer, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Command line applications seeming to pause after some time

I've had a problem lately when trying to run game servers or command line applications (Doesn't seem to be application dependent at all) where the program will stop everything it's doing after some time until the enter key is struck. For example, while downloading a long video with youtube-dl, the resources being used by the cmd process will drop to zero & any changing text in the cmd window itself will stop changing until you tab in and press enter. This is especially infuriating when running servers, since users cannot connect while in this paused state until I go in and press enter.

:)

RussEfarmer, Jan 30, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Command line applications seeming to pause after some time :)

3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Command line applications seeming to pause after some time

Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line

Read more: Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line Windows Command Line Tools For Developers

Brink, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Command line applications seeming to pause after some time

1. Command line applications seeming to pause after some time - Similar Threads - Command line applications

2. Circuit Command Line Utilities

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Circuit Command Line Utilities: I opened by "Hidden Icons" on the task bar and noticed a new ICON called "Circuit Bridge" When I open it, it shows files such as "Circuit Command Line Utility". WHat is this and how could it suddenly appear at this location?...
  3. Command Line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Line: Hello sir. I am using windows 10 64bit. Earlier the netsat command use to work but it doesnt work now. whenever i try this command it displa an error. C:\>netstat 'netstat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. i have tried...
  4. Running a Command Line Command From a File Automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running a Command Line Command From a File Automatically: I have the following commands which need to be run in the command line: sc.exe config wuauserv start= disabled sc.exe stop wuauserv I want to create a file which, when launched, opens the command line, sends the above commands to the command line, and then closes the...
  5. Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line: Welcome to the second post in this "Windows Command-Line" series. In this post we'll discuss some of the background & history behind the Windows Command-Line. Specifically, we’ll explore its humble origins in MS-DOS, to its modern-day incarnation supporting tools like...
  6. Windows Command-Line: Backgrounder

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Command-Line: Backgrounder: This is the first of a series of posts in which we’ll explore all things command-line – from the origins of the command-line and the evolution of the terminal, to what we’re doing to overhaul and modernize the Windows Console & command-line in future Windows releases. Posts...
  7. Command Line Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Line Questions: [img] Sorry, newbie question here... I'm reading the tutorial Customize Command Prompt Colors, but I still don't understand what the "Popup Colors" are. I've never actually seen them. Is it for command prompts launched by an application? Also, does anyone know of a forum...
  8. Bash window and last command line after CU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bash window and last command line after CU: After creators update, bash window does not update last command. ie .bash_history not getting updated. Any reason? Any way to solve it? 84780
  9. Run a scheduled task via command line via command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Run a scheduled task via command line via command line: i want start a Run a scheduled task via command line like this: Code: %SystemRoot%\system32\taskschd.msc /Run /TN "RegIdleBackup" when i run the cmd in the prompt as admin the shedular task GUI pop up but the task not start. Is there a solution? Is the...
  10. Sleep and hibernate command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep and hibernate command line: How to do them without breaking something? Sleep in my computers are hybrid (desktop) and not hybrid (laptop). Quick boot is off. 94012