Windows 10: Command line compact not working?

Discus and support Command line compact not working? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Windows automatically compressed a lot of my files. I have used the command line "compact /u /s" to uncompact all files in all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Melkisedeck, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Command line compact not working?

Hi everyone,

Windows automatically compressed a lot of my files.

I have used the command line "compact /u /s" to uncompact all files in all subfolders in "Documents"....

Command line compact not working? f7e6941a-6312-4fd0-b136-289f66efd9f4?upload=true.png

however, to my surprise, it only uncompressed a small part of the said-folder/subfolders:

Command line compact not working? 2bd082de-5826-441d-bb80-6bc7960a7cdc?upload=true.png

Would anyone know why and help me solving this?

Thanks!

:)

Melkisedeck, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Command line compact not working? :)

3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Command line compact not working?

Execute a command from SCCM Task sequence step "Run a Command line"

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

That will work indeed, however I need to run it from the SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step and I am not able to figure out how to do that.

Can we change line while executing command from SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step?

Regards

sccm_learner, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Command line compact not working?

1. Command line compact not working? - Similar Threads - Command line compact

2. Compact view not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compact view not work: I extend laptop screen to second monitor by HDMI cable. When I disconnect the cable and "compact view"" doesn''t work anymore. When I connect again to HDMI cable, then""compact view"" work again. Please advise...
  3. Command line commands

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command line commands: I would like to create a shortcut on the desktop using a command in a .bat file. I would like to specify what icon file to use, what program to execute, and the parameters to pass to the program. I have researched MKLINK but I don't think it will do the job. Any...
  4. Command Line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Line: I am attempting to copy and entire directory from one HDD to another, by keep getting an error of "Invalid umber of parameters." The file path to the Directory is as follows: G:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\OLD OS FOLDER The destination folder is C:\OLDOS Can someone PLEASE...
  5. Command Line command question

Command Line command question: I created a folder on my computer with a ampersand, name & name2 Recently I needed to access this folder but the ampersand prevented me from accessing using the 'cd' from the root c:\ Would someone be so kind to provide me with the syntax I need? I realize now I should...
  6. Command Line Questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Line Questions: Trying to make a batch file with options to download, unzip & then run the exe file. I know how to download with authentication to a specific location. but how to I unzip as well? is it a separate command? I may have a few questions regarding this batch file I'm writing so if...
  7. Command Line

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Line: My command line shows a different name when im the only user on the pc. submitted by /u/Fuadop [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hv4f7i/command_line/
  8. Command Line

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Line: Is there a command line entry that will help check and repair drivers, and .dll's files. Or a way to have W10 (1909) repair/replace Only whats corrupt or missing? 148659
  9. Command Line

Command Line: Hello sir. I am using windows 10 64bit. Earlier the netsat command use to work but it doesnt work now. whenever i try this command it displa an error. C:\>netstat 'netstat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. i have tried...
  10. Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line: Welcome to the second post in this "Windows Command-Line" series. In this post we'll discuss some of the background & history behind the Windows Command-Line. Specifically, we’ll explore its humble origins in MS-DOS, to its modern-day incarnation supporting tools like...