Windows 10: Command line copy, Xcopy cant see files unless 'onedrive' is inserted.

Discus and support Command line copy, Xcopy cant see files unless 'onedrive' is inserted. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am stuck. Acer aspire with broken screen. (can see lower right 15% of it). HDMI is no longer putting out signal apparently so no second screen. Back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ArchAngel1955, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Command line copy, Xcopy cant see files unless 'onedrive' is inserted.

I am stuck. Acer aspire with broken screen. (can see lower right 15% of it). HDMI is no longer putting out signal apparently so no second screen. Back when I had HDMI working, managed to download all docs and photos to external SSD. However, about 30 .txt files are on my desktop and I failed to get them. Now, having no other recourse, I need to access command prompt and acquire those files BLIND. I made a successful test of the method with one file using my new Dell. however, I do not remember the 'onedrive' being in the cammand line for the directories on my old PC. when I test on my new one, the xcopy command wont grab it from my desktop unless I use the 'onedrive' in my command line, even though I can see the file names on the desktop under 'MY PC'. I not a computer professional, and have mainly used them as a tool, so I am not as savvy as some here. I dont understand why it wont grab the files from a directory I specify, which isnt one labled 'OneDrive'. I am looking for a solution, or an answer to this question so I can formulate some other method, which I am fast running out of.

:)

ArchAngel1955, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Command line copy, Xcopy cant see files unless 'onedrive' is inserted. :)

Naki, Mar 6, 2019
  3. copy c:\....\onedrive using cmd line?

The correct xcopy command would be

xcopy "c:\users\myname\onedrive\documents\folder name\*.*" d:\backup\ /s

The equivalent robocopy is

robocopy "c:\users\myname\onedrive\documents\folder name" d:\backup /s /w:1 /r:1

To find out what causes the problem, try this variant:

xcopy %ComSpec% d:\Backup\

If this command works then you need to look at the access permissions of the OneDrive folder. If it fails then you should delete the folder D:\Backup and start all over again.

Frederik Long, Mar 6, 2019
  4. DeeKras Win User

Command line copy, Xcopy cant see files unless 'onedrive' is inserted.

copy c:\....\onedrive using cmd line?

my laptop will not start Windows. (I get a message "not enough memory resources are available to process this command.")

I am trying to copy all files from the hard drive to an external hard drive (so I can clear the computer and start all over again).

I can get to the cmd line to copy.

however, when i try to xcopy the content in c:\....\onedrive (I can see - through dir - that there are files there)

i get msg "File creation error - The file cannot be accessed by the system."

how can i access those files on the c:?

thank you

DeeKras, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Command line copy, Xcopy cant see files unless 'onedrive' is inserted.

1. Command line copy, Xcopy cant see files unless 'onedrive' is inserted. - Similar Threads - Command line copy

2. XCOPY command does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    XCOPY command does not work: XCOPY command does not work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xcopy-command-does-not-work/2989b013-3a30-428c-a9e2-a5d1ebafac11
  3. XCOPY command does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XCOPY command does not work: XCOPY command does not work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xcopy-command-does-not-work/2989b013-3a30-428c-a9e2-a5d1ebafac11
  4. Using the xcopy command when also using OneDrive

Using the xcopy command when also using OneDrive: My topic is the xcopy command. Like every year at the end of the year, I want to copy my empty folder structure for next year. The command for 2020 to 2021 that I successfully used was as follows: "C:\Users\Myname\Documents\Priv 2020" "C:\Users\Myname\Documents\Priv 2021" /T...
  5. Using the xcopy command when also using OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using the xcopy command when also using OneDrive: My topic is the xcopy command. Like every year at the end of the year, I want to copy my empty folder structure for next year. The command for 2020 to 2021 that I successfully used was as follows: "C:\Users\Myname\Documents\Priv 2020" "C:\Users\Myname\Documents\Priv 2021" /T...
  6. Using the xcopy command when also using OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. XCOPY is not copying subfolders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    XCOPY is not copying subfolders: XCOPY is not copying subfolders even though I am using the parameters /S /E.I'm also using /D to just update the data. I've tried using /C to ignore errors. And I've tried using ROBOCOPY but I can not get the subfolders copied.I've tried to contact HP, but they said it was a...
  8. Slow response to insert, copy and paste commands

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Slow response to insert, copy and paste commands: Dear Forum, I asked "Tell Me" about the above yesterday. It told me "autoCAD" could be the cause. I received a free trial from the Microsoft Store. I guess it was in a recent update. Please tell me how to uninstall it. I'm working at half speed. Windows 10, HP computer, EXCEL...
  9. How to use File Explorer "Copy path" on command line?

How to use File Explorer "Copy path" on command line?: If I highlight files in File Explorer then select "Copy path", it will copy the path of one or more files to the clipboard. For example below I highlighted 3 files then selected "Copy path" which copied the path of the 3 files to the clipboard. Can someone explain to me...
  10. Tough Command Line Backup using Robocopy or Xcopy

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Tough Command Line Backup using Robocopy or Xcopy: I must backup my BSOD'd PC from the command line before re-installing Windows 10, but Robocopy is glacially slow and Xcopy emits"Insufficient Memory" (due to long pathnames). I am now running Windows 10 from a USB 3.0 drive downloaded from MSft which brought me to [Install...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run xcopy on onedrive folder

2. xcopy onedrive folder

3. xcopy does not copy form onedrive

4. xcopy cannot copy files in onedrive,
  5. robocopy onedrive the file cannot be accessed by the system.,
  6. xcopy windows 10 onedrive