Windows 10: Command Line Option For Changing "size of text, apps" etc.

Discus and support Command Line Option For Changing "size of text, apps" etc. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I currently use a macro to change the size of text, apps, and other items from 150% to 100% and back to 150%. When at 100% I can run Sysinternals'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZaphodBeeblbrox, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Command Line Option For Changing "size of text, apps" etc.

I currently use a macro to change the size of text, apps, and other items from 150% to 100% and back to 150%.

When at 100% I can run Sysinternals' "BGinfo.exe" - Background Info - to update the info on the desktop's background. BGinfo.exe works at 100% only.

So my macro enters "ms-settings:display" in the Start/Run window to get to the Display Settings window, and I have to get the mouse to move along the slider to select the new %-age size.

It would be more reliable if I could pass a parameter to "ms-settings:display" command, such as: "ms-settings:display 150".

Anyone know if this is possible?

:)

ZaphodBeeblbrox, Jun 22, 2017

2. change font size

My eyesight is bad. In Windows 8.1 I had the option to change font size of titles, icons , etc and make it bold. In Windows 10 in "advanced sizing of text and other items" this option is greyed out. How can I change this?

RaymondChittick, Jun 22, 2017
  3. jjobrain Win User
    Text size in Windows 10

I want to change the size of some of the text in Windows 10. I want to change the size of the text used for title bars, menus, etc. I want to customize Windows 10 the way I did Windows 7. I do not want to change the size of everything by scaling up.
    I have looked on the internet for solutions but all of them seem to be outdated as what I see on my computer's control panel (there is no "display" option) does not jive with what the solutions show where there is a "display" option. Where do I find the display
    option "Change only the text size"? I am frustrated to the point where I am considering going back to Windows 7. Someone please help.

jjobrain, Jun 22, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Command Line Option For Changing "size of text, apps" etc.

Brink, Jun 22, 2017
  5. Thanks very much for your quick reply and for the link, Brink.

I've had a go using that method manually (i.e. no Macro) and it works fine.

I'll now modify the Macro and see if I can get it to run smoothly (i.e. reliably!). The only obvious hic-cup is the necessity to log out and in again, which the "Display Settings" method doesn't need.

Best of all would be if SysInternals updated BGinfo to work at all scaling levels.

Come on, Mr Russinovich, you must have a spare half-hour sometime! *chuckle

ZaphodBeeblbrox, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Command Line Option For Changing "size of text, apps" etc.

1. Command Line Option For Changing "size of text, apps" etc. - Similar Threads - Command Line Option

2. Change font text sizes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change font text sizes: Why can't I change individual font sizes in windows and apps? I don't want to change them by the accessibility slider because I want some of them smaller and some of them bigger.Is there any way to bypass this STUPID change? And why does Microsoft change things that aren't...
  3. Unable to change text size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change text size: Hi Today I changed my text size in Win11 but then I did not like it so I decided to revert back to my old text size but when I try to move the slider it does not move and my screen starts to change into a night light sort of color...
  4. Unable to change text size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change text size: Hi Today I changed my text size in Win11 but then I did not like it so I decided to revert back to my old text size but when I try to move the slider it does not move and my screen starts to change into a night light sort of color...
  5. Change Text Scale via command line or other routine/program?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change Text Scale via command line or other routine/program?: Hello, Im looking for a way to change the display resolution and size of text, apps, and other items from a command line batch file or some other one-click routine. I found an old/small program called QRes.exe that changes the resolution which is great (qres.exe /x:2048...
  6. Unable to change the size of apps and texts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change the size of apps and texts: I read post after post and no one, no a single one, has told me what I need to do to be able to use the slide that doesn't move or to make the apps smaller. I got a TV to use as a monitor so I could have several apps up on the screen, like the sign in screen for Zoom or a...
  7. Mousepad: text size is changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mousepad: text size is changing: When I am using Mousepad, the text size is changing. It is an annoying issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mousepad-text-size-is-changing/65857ecf-abec-439c-b204-2e5c9162667d
  8. how to change text size

how to change text size: I would like to change the text size. how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-text-size/780a199e-748a-459a-873d-73638cc9a753
  9. Text size changes in display

Text size changes in display: I’ve gone through several pages and haven’t seen my issue of text size described. I wrote an explanation of the issues on the attached screen capture. In my old windows 7 OS when I set the text size to 12 they stayed at the size I set. With windows 10 after setting the size...
  10. How to open the "Custom sizing options" window using command line?

How to open the "Custom sizing options" window using command line?: I want to use the command line to open the "Custom sizing options" window in Windows 10, please view the image, thank you. [img] 62252