Windows 10: command line syntax question

Discus and support command line syntax question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi: I have this line in C code: wsprintf(buf, L"/C ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 && "NOTEPAD.EXE" " ); ExecWin(L"cmd.exe", buf, TRUE ); When it executes, ping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BoydMills123, May 1, 2019.

1. command line syntax question

Hi:
    I have this line in C code:
    wsprintf(buf, L"/C ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 && "NOTEPAD.EXE" " );
    ExecWin(L"cmd.exe", buf, TRUE

);

When it executes, ping runs and NOTEPAD is launched but the command windows stays open until notepad exits.

So I tried this code:
    wsprintf(buf, L"/C ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 && "START NOTEPAD.EXE" " );
    ExecWin(L"cmd.exe", buf, TRUE);

When it executes, ping runs then the command window exits.

What I want is for ping to run then notepad to launch and the command window exits after launching notepad.

What is the magic syntax?

Boyd

:)

BoydMills123, May 1, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile command line syntax question :)

Naki, May 1, 2019
  3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, May 1, 2019
  4. command line syntax question

Is there any Command line option to create job in Windows Assessment Console ?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. Based on the information that you provided, you are trying to get a command for Windows Assessment Console. With this concern, we suggest you to head over this

link
    for the available Command-line Syntax in Assessment platform. For more information, you can visit this

link
    about Windows Assessment Console step-by-step guide.

Let us know how it goes.

Lemuel Cie, May 1, 2019
Thema:

command line syntax question

1. command line syntax question - Similar Threads - command line syntax

2. What is the correct syntax usage for Command-Line Prompt Command REAGENTC.EXE /setreimage ....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the correct syntax usage for Command-Line Prompt Command REAGENTC.EXE /setreimage ....: What is the syntax Usage for the Command-Line Prompt Command REAGENTC.EXE /setreimage I Need This Because I an not able to Create a system repair disc because the Responce said "The files needed to create a system repair disc were not found on this computer. You can still...
  3. What is the correct syntax usage for Command-Line Prompt Command REAGENTC.EXE /setreimage ....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the correct syntax usage for Command-Line Prompt Command REAGENTC.EXE /setreimage ....: What is the syntax Usage for the Command-Line Prompt Command REAGENTC.EXE /setreimage I Need This Because I an not able to Create a system repair disc because the Responce said "The files needed to create a system repair disc were not found on this computer. You can still...
  4. What is the correct syntax usage for Command-Line Prompt Command REAGENTC.EXE /setreimage ....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Got Error "command line option syntax error. type command /? for help" during installation...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got Error "command line option syntax error. type command /? for help" during installation...: we are getting below error during installation of Visual C++ 2005 on windows 2019 server. Any solution on this error..?Error: command line option syntax error. type command /? for helpNote: The solutions provided previously did not resolved the issue Clean reboot etc...
  6. Got Error "command line option syntax error. type command /? for help" during installation...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got Error "command line option syntax error. type command /? for help" during installation...: we are getting below error during installation of Visual C++ 2005 on windows 2019 server. Any solution on this error..?Error: command line option syntax error. type command /? for helpNote: The solutions provided previously did not resolved the issue Clean reboot etc...
  7. Command Line command question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Line command question: I created a folder on my computer with a ampersand, name & name2 Recently I needed to access this folder but the ampersand prevented me from accessing using the 'cd' from the root c:\ Would someone be so kind to provide me with the syntax I need? I realize now I should...
  8. Command Line Questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Line Questions: Trying to make a batch file with options to download, unzip & then run the exe file. I know how to download with authentication to a specific location. but how to I unzip as well? is it a separate command? I may have a few questions regarding this batch file I'm writing so if...
  9. Syntax for sdclt.exe backup command

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syntax for sdclt.exe backup command: I'm trying to set up Windows 7 Backup via command lines. The relevant executable is sdclt.exe and /configure apparently allows setting up of the backup schedule, backup drives, etc.. Can someone please indicate how the /schedule switch is set up? Thanks for all help....
  10. Command Line Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Line Questions: [img] Sorry, newbie question here... I'm reading the tutorial Customize Command Prompt Colors, but I still don't understand what the "Popup Colors" are. I've never actually seen them. Is it for command prompts launched by an application? Also, does anyone know of a forum...