Windows 10: command line syntax question

Discus and support command line syntax question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi: I have this line in C code: wsprintf(buf, L"/C ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 && "NOTEPAD.EXE" " ); ExecWin(L"cmd.exe", buf, TRUE ); When it executes, ping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BoydMills123, May 1, 2019.

1. command line syntax question

Hi:
    I have this line in C code:
    wsprintf(buf, L"/C ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 && "NOTEPAD.EXE" " );
    ExecWin(L"cmd.exe", buf, TRUE

);

When it executes, ping runs and NOTEPAD is launched but the command windows stays open until notepad exits.

So I tried this code:
    wsprintf(buf, L"/C ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 && "START NOTEPAD.EXE" " );
    ExecWin(L"cmd.exe", buf, TRUE);

When it executes, ping runs then the command window exits.

What I want is for ping to run then notepad to launch and the command window exits after launching notepad.

What is the magic syntax?

Boyd

:)

BoydMills123, May 1, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile command line syntax question :)

Naki, May 1, 2019
  3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, May 1, 2019
  4. command line syntax question

Is there any Command line option to create job in Windows Assessment Console ?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. Based on the information that you provided, you are trying to get a command for Windows Assessment Console. With this concern, we suggest you to head over this

link
    for the available Command-line Syntax in Assessment platform. For more information, you can visit this

link
    about Windows Assessment Console step-by-step guide.

Let us know how it goes.

Lemuel Cie, May 1, 2019
Thema:

command line syntax question

1. command line syntax question - Similar Threads - command line syntax

2. Circuit Command Line Utilities

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Circuit Command Line Utilities: I opened by "Hidden Icons" on the task bar and noticed a new ICON called "Circuit Bridge" When I open it, it shows files such as "Circuit Command Line Utility". WHat is this and how could it suddenly appear at this location?...
  3. WinSAT Prepop Command-line what is it ??

in Windows 10 Support
    WinSAT Prepop Command-line what is it ??: WinSAT Prepop Command-line what is it ?? I just ran in on cmd [img] [img] 116570
  4. Command Line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Line: Hello sir. I am using windows 10 64bit. Earlier the netsat command use to work but it doesnt work now. whenever i try this command it displa an error. C:\>netstat 'netstat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. i have tried...
  5. Running a Command Line Command From a File Automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running a Command Line Command From a File Automatically: I have the following commands which need to be run in the command line: sc.exe config wuauserv start= disabled sc.exe stop wuauserv I want to create a file which, when launched, opens the command line, sends the above commands to the command line, and then closes the...
  6. Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line: Welcome to the second post in this "Windows Command-Line" series. In this post we'll discuss some of the background & history behind the Windows Command-Line. Specifically, we’ll explore its humble origins in MS-DOS, to its modern-day incarnation supporting tools like...
  7. Windows Command-Line: Backgrounder

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Command-Line: Backgrounder: This is the first of a series of posts in which we’ll explore all things command-line – from the origins of the command-line and the evolution of the terminal, to what we’re doing to overhaul and modernize the Windows Console & command-line in future Windows releases. Posts...
  8. Command Line Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Line Questions: [img] Sorry, newbie question here... I'm reading the tutorial Customize Command Prompt Colors, but I still don't understand what the "Popup Colors" are. I've never actually seen them. Is it for command prompts launched by an application? Also, does anyone know of a forum...
  9. Run a scheduled task via command line via command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Run a scheduled task via command line via command line: i want start a Run a scheduled task via command line like this: Code: %SystemRoot%\system32\taskschd.msc /Run /TN "RegIdleBackup" when i run the cmd in the prompt as admin the shedular task GUI pop up but the task not start. Is there a solution? Is the...
  10. Sleep and hibernate command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep and hibernate command line: How to do them without breaking something? Sleep in my computers are hybrid (desktop) and not hybrid (laptop). Quick boot is off. 94012