Windows 10: Command line to turn on Periodic scanning

Discus and support Command line to turn on Periodic scanning in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I was able to turn on Windows Defender Periodic Scanning on with a command in Windows 10 1803. Command worked in 1803:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by vheit, Feb 2, 2019.

1. vheit Win User

Command line to turn on Periodic scanning

Hi,

I was able to turn on Windows Defender Periodic Scanning on with a command in Windows 10 1803.

Command worked in 1803:

C:\Windows\System32\SystemSettingsAdminFlows.exe Defender SideBySideOn

Now I am installing Windows 10 1809 and the command does not work anymore. I can manually turn on periodic scanning from the Windows Security Center, but it is not an option for multiple machines manually going there and turning it on.

We have Palo Alto Traps installed as main AV product, but want to use the Windows Defender for scheduled scans and for that we need Periodic Scanning to be turned ON.

What is the command line in Windows 10 1809 to turn on Windows Defender Periodic Scanning without manually going to GUI and sliding it on?

:)

vheit, Feb 2, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Command line to turn on Periodic scanning :)

Naki, Feb 2, 2019
  3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Feb 2, 2019
  4. AnSeDoRo Win User

Limited Periodic Scanning turns off

Hello!

I use third-part antivirus. After Anniversary Update in Windows defender is option Limited Periodic Scanning. I turn it ON, but after 5 minutes Limited Periodic Scanning is automatic OFF. And every time when i restart my PC, i need to turn it ON.

Any suggestions?

[Moved from Windows]

AnSeDoRo, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Command line to turn on Periodic scanning - Similar Threads - Command line turn

2. Windows Defender Periodic Scan keeps turning on.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Periodic Scan keeps turning on.: Hello, I use Bitdefender AV, and since a couple of weeks, the system sometimes shows the Windows Defender Scan notification on startup. I disable it, but it keeps turining on.I said since a couple of weeks, because I suspect some Windows Update changed/screwed something. I...
  3. How to turn on periodic scanning using only the command prompt

How to turn on periodic scanning using only the command prompt: Hi, Windows Defender automatically disables periodic scanning when another antivirus program is installed on the device. A scan then cannot be initiated from the command prompt without first enabling periodic scanning. What is the command to enable periodic scanning from the...
  4. Turn off Periodic Scanning in Microsoft Defender

Turn off Periodic Scanning in Microsoft Defender: Split from this thread.I was advised by Norton 360 to turn off "Periodic Scanning": unfortunately the paths in this article do not seem to exist in my Windows 10 installation old, but up-to-date with all required updates. There is NO selection for "Windows Defender". Advice,...
  5. Command line commands

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command line commands: I would like to create a shortcut on the desktop using a command in a .bat file. I would like to specify what icon file to use, what program to execute, and the parameters to pass to the program. I have researched MKLINK but I don't think it will do the job. Any...
  6. Defender Periodic scan

Defender Periodic scan: Defender periodic scan keeps turning itself/ being turned off. What can I do to prevent this? I do have Malwarebytes Premium also installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-periodic-scan/5240a38a-04b6-4b62-8c72-2963bc5ec72f
  7. Command Line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Line: I am attempting to copy and entire directory from one HDD to another, by keep getting an error of "Invalid umber of parameters." The file path to the Directory is as follows: G:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\OLD OS FOLDER The destination folder is C:\OLDOS Can someone PLEASE...
  8. can't turn off windows defender periodic scanning

can't turn off windows defender periodic scanning: Hello, I turned on windows defender periodic scanning just to test it, but when I went back into settings to turn it off again, the settings options had changed and the toggle switch had disappeared, so it is no longer possible to switch it off. I've tried to follow the...
  9. Scanning for viruses with Windows Defender by command line

Scanning for viruses with Windows Defender by command line: Hi! I know that Windows Defender allows to scan for viruses by command line. I'm using it not for simple problem - after scan (?) it closes console and I see result not. I'm using this command: "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -Scan -ScanType 3 -File...
  10. Turn On or Off Limited Periodic Scanning in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Limited Periodic Scanning in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Windows Defender Periodic Scanning in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Periodic Scanning with Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 14352, a new security setting called Limited Periodic Scanning will be included....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender periodic scanning turn on via Group Policy

2. how to turn on periodic scan option in win 10 via command prompt

3. remotely enable windows defender periodic scanning 2019

4. periodic netstat w terminal,
  5. periodic scan with defender using command line,
  6. enable Defender Periodic scanning using commands