Windows 10: Command not working in Windows terminal but working in cmd

Discus and support Command not working in Windows terminal but working in cmd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to use windows terminal, however I can't use any command see picture. I've tried to reinstall it and run as administrator but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by El_Drago, Feb 25, 2021.

1. El_Drago Win User

Command not working in Windows terminal but working in cmd

Hello,

I am trying to use windows terminal, however I can't use any command see picture.

I've tried to reinstall it and run as administrator but doesn't change anything

Do you have an idea of what I can do?

Kind regards

Command not working in Windows terminal but working in cmd 94989565-27e3-48a6-be4a-f43972db7386?upload=true.png

:)

El_Drago, Feb 25, 2021

2. How to Add Terminal Commands To CMD

Hi there, I'm Sina. I use Linux For my Works Every Day And Also I'm a Windows User.

Unfortunately, CMD Doesn't have many Terminal's Command. I have a question now:

Is there any way to have all of the terminal commands in CMD without Installing Other Software?

SinaMajidi, Feb 25, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Command not working in Windows terminal but working in cmd

CMD commands not working in windows 10

After following these steps my CMD started working again, so thanks!!

SvenVlietstra, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Command not working in Windows terminal but working in cmd

1. Command not working in Windows terminal but working in cmd - Similar Threads - Command working terminal

2. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  3. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  4. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. command shutdown dont work in cmd

in Windows 10 Customization
    command shutdown dont work in cmd: When enter comand "shutdown -s " in CMD get message " shutdown' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" . What must do to solve this problem?...
  6. Robocopy command in CMD isn't working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robocopy command in CMD isn't working: Hi there, I'm very conscious and careful about reserving the original date stamps of my files when moving or copying them in order to organize my data. I've researched and found the Robocopy command. But my problem is that my PC can't access the source directory. Below is a...
  7. All CMD Commands No longer Work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All CMD Commands No longer Work: Hi all, When I restarted my pc this morning I noticed a tool that requires a CMD command to run properly wasnt working and was giving the error: 'cls' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I thought that it was just a program...
  8. Does Windows Terminal supports all PowerShell and CMD commands?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Windows Terminal supports all PowerShell and CMD commands?: Hi. Windows terminal supports all commands of powershell and command prompt ? *sarc*Sad Thanks. 176298
  9. Cipher command on cmd not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cipher command on cmd not working: [ATTACH] When I try to use the cipher command on cmd, this happens. Can anyone help? I am using windows 10 home edition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cipher-command-on-cmd-not-working/284fa5fd-7158-4303-a9e0-394f7a00fed8
  10. CMD CD command not working. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD CD command not working. Why?: I typed cd e: at command prompt and am still stuck at C:\Windows\system32>. Why?! Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393] (c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Windows\system32>cd e: E:\ C:\Windows\system32> 71420