Windows 10: Command / powershell -- split windows possible ?

Discus and support Command / powershell -- split windows possible ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks I was wondering if its possible to to split the power shell or command line into multiple windows / tabs. Here's an example of what I'd like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Sep 1, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Command / powershell -- split windows possible ?

Hi folks

I was wondering if its possible to to split the power shell or command line into multiple windows / tabs.

Here's an example of what I'd like to do --here's a Linux terminal running in split mode :

Command / powershell -- split windows possible ? [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Command / powershell -- split windows possible ? :)

Naki, Sep 1, 2019
  3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Command / powershell -- split windows possible ? - Similar Threads - Command powershell split

2. Powershell command for installing exe and msi

in Windows 10 Support
    Powershell command for installing exe and msi: Can someone help me with powershell commands for installing some exe and msi files from a pendrive? I have apps like Cisco Jabber (MSI), Cisco AnyConnect (exe), Dell Command Update (MSI), and Webex Teams(MSI) I need to add to my powershell script to automatically install the...
  3. Powershell command for deleting everything EXCEPT for...

in Windows 10 Support
    Powershell command for deleting everything EXCEPT for...: Hey guys, just wondered if anyone could help me with this. So basically, I have a directory with a crap ton of subdirectories, each with a crap ton of files in them. The files all have widely varying names (they're all ZIP files so they have the same extension), and I only...
  4. Difference between Command Prompt and Windows PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    Difference between Command Prompt and Windows PowerShell: [ATTACH] Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7 all come shipped with Windows PowerShell out of the box. Along with that, it came the older Command Prompt which was a successor to MS-DOS Command line. But often the presence of two command [...] This post Difference between...
  5. Difference between Windows PowerShell and Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between Windows PowerShell and Command Prompt: Don't these programs do essentially the same thing? Is there an advantage to use one over the other? Just curious. 119910
  6. Use "Command Prompt" instead of "PowerShell"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use "Command Prompt" instead of "PowerShell": Hi! I'm using Windows 10 version 1807, In this version, the option "Open in Command Prompt" fully removed from Explorer, in "File" menu and [Shift]+[Right Click] menu, And there's no option to get it back in Settings, only there's an option for [Alt]+[X] menu. I have to...
  7. Run Multiple Commands In Powershell?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Run Multiple Commands In Powershell?: Hi, I have three drives in my PC. Two of them are SSD's and the third one is a mechanical HDD. I like to optimize them using Powershell. However, as it stands now. I'm running the commands separately for each of my drive, i.e. 1.) Optimize-Volume -DriveLetter C -ReTrim...
  8. Run Multiple Commands In Powershell?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Run Multiple Commands In Powershell?: Good job, @lx07. Of course, you had the benefit of knowing the OP wanted to run the same command on 3 targets. Had I been armed with that same information, I might have made that same suggestion, too. That's why we're better working together than working individually. --Ed--
  9. Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Change PowerShell To Command Prompt: How do you change from PowerShell to Command Prompt using file explorer ? 104838
  10. Is it possible to split a Windows installation across hard drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to split a Windows installation across hard drives?: Just curious if this is possible, in basically the same way that one can do it in Linux. I just have a little idyllic scenario in my head where my Windows system folder is on a small NVMe drive, my Program Files folders are on a separate SSD of some kind, and my Users...