Windows 10: command prompt access denied as admin

Discus and support command prompt access denied as admin in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] my windows time sync service has stopped so i want to manually start the service but it doesnt allow me to "net start w32time" even if i am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kingshukrox, May 17, 2020.

1. command prompt access denied as admin

/u/Kingshukrox, May 17, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, May 23, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, May 23, 2020
  4. command prompt access denied as admin

How to run Command Prompt (Admin)?

I've been trying to get a fix for Windows Update for a while now, and I received a recommendation that requires the use of the administrative form of Command Prompt. Right-clicking the Windows key does not have bring up either Command Prompt or Command Prompt
    (Admin) as an option, though Powershell and PowerShell (Admin) are. Searching my computer for the Command Prompt function brings it up just fine, however I cannot enter the command without being told access is denied.

I have confirmed I am using a profile with administrative permissions, so if anyone knows of additional steps I need to take, I would appreciate some input.

BenOechsli, May 23, 2020
Thema:

command prompt access denied as admin

1. command prompt access denied as admin - Similar Threads - command prompt access

2. While using Command Prompt as Admin Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While using Command Prompt as Admin Access is denied: Even As admin It shows Access Is denied And i have tried all the Other Metheds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-using-command-prompt-as-admin-access-is/c3aebc72-f0e4-40c6-9d07-2face5c32f62
  3. While using Command Prompt as Admin Access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    While using Command Prompt as Admin Access is denied: Even As admin It shows Access Is denied And i have tried all the Other Metheds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-using-command-prompt-as-admin-access-is/c3aebc72-f0e4-40c6-9d07-2face5c32f62
  4. While using Command Prompt as Admin Access is denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Access denied in command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied in command prompt: I am trying to clear system attribute of hibefil.sys file.Automatic Repair:Your PC did not start correctly...Advance OptionsTroubleshootCommand Promptattrib -h -s hiberfil.sys /sAccess denied - C:\hiberfil.sysCan you guide me how I can remove this file. I am unable to boot...
  6. Access denied in command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied in command prompt: I am trying to clear system attribute of hibefil.sys file.Automatic Repair:Your PC did not start correctly...Advance OptionsTroubleshootCommand Promptattrib -h -s hiberfil.sys /sAccess denied - C:\hiberfil.sysCan you guide me how I can remove this file. I am unable to boot...
  7. Access denied in command prompt

8. Access denied in Command Prompt

Access denied in Command Prompt: I am trying to clear system attribute of hibefil.sys file.Automatic Repair:Your PC did not start correctly...Advance OptionsTroubleshootCommand Promptattrib -h -s hiberfil.sys /sAccess denied - C:\hiberfil.sysCan you guide me how I can remove this file. I am unable to boot...
  9. Access Denied in elevated command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access Denied in elevated command prompt: Hello everybody, I'm trying to run a simple command in an elevated Command Prompt that acts on a folder that resides on a secondary HDD. That drive and the entirety of its contents have my only machine's user account also the administrator set as the owner, as does...
  10. Command prompt Access denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command prompt Access denied: Ive tried changing the cmd settings for full control in System32 and "Run as Administrator" option. I just cant get the cd command through. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-access-denied/db457794-9d05-43ec-8435-b3da93e59911