Windows 10: Command prompt always opens in the upper right corner

Discus and support Command prompt always opens in the upper right corner in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How the hell do you get it to open in the same place that it was last closed? submitted by /u/zeroedit [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zeroedit, May 17, 2023.

1. Command prompt always opens in the upper right corner

How the hell do you get it to open in the same place that it was last closed?

submitted by /u/zeroedit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zeroedit, May 17, 2023
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, May 17, 2023
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, May 17, 2023
  4. Command prompt always opens in the upper right corner

Experimental Tab in command Prompt Properties

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that youy want to use the paste function with keyboard shortcuts in Run Command Dialog Box.

Please follow the below steps.

• Open a command prompt.
    • Left click on the icon in the upper left corner of the command prompt window
    • In the menu that opens, choose “Properties” (Example shown in figure on right)
    • In the dialog box that opens, place a check for “QuickEdit Mode” which comes under the Edit options
    • Click the “OK” button.
    Now whenever you want to paste some text into the command prompt, copy it to the clipboard the usual way and then
    right-click on the desired location in the command line. The copied text will be pasted.

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 17, 2023
Thema:

Command prompt always opens in the upper right corner

1. Command prompt always opens in the upper right corner - Similar Threads - Command prompt always

2. Command prompt randomly opens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command prompt randomly opens: Hello.I have a issue with my windows 10 home Computer.My command prompt randomly opens when I'm on say..A game, or a software that is non-harmful to my device.However, my command prompt randomly opens, with no commands issued in it.Thanks tech support, and others that can...
  3. mouse pointer stuck in upper right corner, is there any solution?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse pointer stuck in upper right corner, is there any solution?: Hi, Recently mouse pointer stuck in the upper right corner, I am not sure if I am hacked or there is a conflict somewhere. Has anyone experienced this? is there any solution? Thanks Matt...
  4. is popop in bottom right corner always a notification?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is popop in bottom right corner always a notification?: I cannot seem to stop the McAfee advertisement that shows up where notifications generally go. My subscription is paid for and 4 months remain on the 3 years. I have been to McAfee forum and tried a number of things but i cannot stop it. If I click on the win10...
  5. Command prompt not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command prompt not opening: Hi All, Whenever I try to open a command prompt in windows 10 it crashes automatically. Please assist how to fix the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-not-opening/cc3ba5c9-0dda-421b-b0af-d3e128135a1c
  6. pointer jumps to upper right corner

pointer jumps to upper right corner: My computer is a Surface Book 3 running the latest version of Windows 10. The pointer just started jumping to the upper right corner of the screen. It happens with the Arc Mouse or with the touch pad. If I disconnect the screen from the keyboard the mouse work fine, no...
  7. Cursor jumps to upper right hand corner

Cursor jumps to upper right hand corner: I have a Toshiba laptop and use external, wireless keyboard and mouse with larger monitor. Occasionally, the cursor jumps to the upper right hand corner and I'm stuck; it easily corrects by opening and closing the laptop lid -albeit a minor burr but a burr. I've recently...
  8. Command prompt not opening

Command prompt not opening: Hi, I recently installed a windows 10 update and noe cmd.exe does not work. I hvae tried many different methods to open it but all that happens is a small window flashes up ont he screen for a split second then dissapears. any ideas? s8on...
  9. Command Prompt not opening. Clicking on Command Prompt opens the default folder location in...

Command Prompt not opening. Clicking on Command Prompt opens the default folder location in...: Hi, I'm using windows 10. I have no idea why my command prompt is not launching properly and is instead opening up the default folder in File Explorer i.e. File Explorer is opening up in the command prompt default start up folder. Please help. FYI. I recently downloaded...
  10. Command Prompt Not Opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt Not Opening: Recently attempting to open Command prompt, ordinary or as administrator, it flashes for perhaps 2 seconds and then disappears. I tried the following commands sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth But none of these seem to work, I'm wondering if there...