Windows 10: Command Prompt appears and disappears on Windows 10

Discus and support Command Prompt appears and disappears on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Command Prompt is used by applications to install or update components silently. If everything […] This article Command Prompt appears and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 30, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Command Prompt appears and disappears on Windows 10

WinClub, Nov 30, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. ShanonO Win User
    Command Prompt appears and disappears in Windows 10 (not able to use command prompt)

When I attempt to run the Command Prompt, it appears and disappears. I'm not able to execute any commands against it. I have ran scans for any viruses and malware. Found none. I am running Windows 10.

ShanonO, Nov 30, 2020
  4. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Command Prompt appears and disappears on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Command Prompt appears

2. Help! A blue command prompt is suddenly appearing and disappearing for a split second and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! A blue command prompt is suddenly appearing and disappearing for a split second and...: This issue is happening very frequently, even if I am not playing games. And they just appear and disappear, so I can't take screenshots too. And there is no pattern of it appearing. Please help....
  3. Help! A blue command prompt is suddenly appearing and disappearing for a split second and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! A blue command prompt is suddenly appearing and disappearing for a split second and...: This issue is happening very frequently, even if I am not playing games. And they just appear and disappear, so I can't take screenshots too. And there is no pattern of it appearing. Please help....
  4. Command Prompt box rapidly appearing and disappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt box rapidly appearing and disappearing: I have been searching the web for answers and nothing has worked, so hopefully someone can help me!While I am working on my computer I have windows 10, this command prompt box rapidly appears on my screen multiple times. It will stop appearing for awhile and then suddenly...
  5. Command Prompt box rapidly appearing and disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt box rapidly appearing and disappearing: I have been searching the web for answers and nothing has worked, so hopefully someone can help me!While I am working on my computer I have windows 10, this command prompt box rapidly appears on my screen multiple times. It will stop appearing for awhile and then suddenly...
  6. Command Prompt box rapidly appearing and disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Command Prompt window appears for a split second and disappears periodically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt window appears for a split second and disappears periodically: Please check the attached image where a command prompt window appears for a split second and then disappears. This happens repeatedly, and there is no file by the name 'tuhijra' in the location shown in the image. Anyone facing similar issues?...
  8. Windows 10 Command prompt window appears and disappears.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Command prompt window appears and disappears.: Hi, I keep getting a Windows 10 Command prompt window appears and disappears. It opens up and closes as quickly as it popped up. In the cmd window it says" c:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe " This device used to have company monitoring software on it but I have removed all of...
  9. Command Prompt appears and disappears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Prompt appears and disappears: Sometimes and not always command prompt appears while I am browsing on google and it stays there for like a second and then suddenly disappears . My laptop is new and it has no problems as of now also i scanned for viruses but it showed none , please someone help me because...
  10. Command Prompt appearing and disappearing on 2 comps on network

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt appearing and disappearing on 2 comps on network: Hello, I have two computers on my home network in which both computers have pop up of 2 windows of command prompt appearing then disappearing in an instant every time I restart the machine, Why is this? 96802

Users found this page by searching for:

1. command prompt appears and disappears