Windows 10: Command prompt as admin

Discus and support Command prompt as admin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i am locked out of windows by Bitlocker. I never installed Bitlocker so how it ended up on the PC I dont know but as a result, i do not have the key.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mukson13, Aug 8, 2019.

1. mukson13 Win User

Command prompt as admin

i am locked out of windows by Bitlocker. I never installed Bitlocker so how it ended up on the PC I dont know but as a result, i do not have the key. I know how to look up the key if I run command prompt as admin. I can of course get to command prompt via troubleshoot. So my questions is, FROM command prompt, is there a way i can give myself administrators privileges ? I know the admin password and so could provide if prompted. If that is not possible, I am open to any other suggestions before i do the factory reset.

:)

mukson13, Aug 8, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Command prompt Administrator issue under Win 10

Hello,

Here's the alternative steps to run open the command prompt as administrator.

• Press Windows Logo + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin) to open command prompt as administrator.

Let us know how it goes.

Ryan Pag, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Command prompt as admin

How to run Command Prompt (Admin)?

I've been trying to get a fix for Windows Update for a while now, and I received a recommendation that requires the use of the administrative form of Command Prompt. Right-clicking the Windows key does not have bring up either Command Prompt or Command Prompt
    (Admin) as an option, though Powershell and PowerShell (Admin) are. Searching my computer for the Command Prompt function brings it up just fine, however I cannot enter the command without being told access is denied.

I have confirmed I am using a profile with administrative permissions, so if anyone knows of additional steps I need to take, I would appreciate some input.

BenOechsli, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Command prompt as admin

1. Command prompt as admin - Similar Threads - Command prompt admin

2. elevated admin command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    elevated admin command prompt: where is the dictionary and/or the appendix for the language to use in the elevated admin command prompt??? I would prefer to simply ask my friends in redmond at the garage to imput the needed code/txt so that my thumbs dont go numb...lolol...
  3. stuck in admin without windows or command prompt

stuck in admin without windows or command prompt: I activated the admin account, but then my cat stepped on it and turned off the computer. if i turn it back on, it immediately loggs in as admin where the only thing i can do is try to turn on sound, which doesn't work. i have rebooted the thing severel times and come up with...
  4. command prompt access denied as admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    command prompt access denied as admin: [ATTACH] my windows time sync service has stopped so i want to manually start the service but it doesnt allow me to "net start w32time" even if i am the only admin account in the windows. Any help would he highly appreciated....
  5. cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) from start menu

cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) from start menu: I was using Pinnacle Studio when it froze. On rebooting I discovered I had to reinstall my drivers for video and audio. I decided to use SFC /Scannow to check Windows. I discovered I could no longer access cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) by right...
  6. command prompt as admin error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    command prompt as admin error: Hi I am trying to delet files, and apparently I need to go into command prompt "run as admin" (through right click on command prompt in the start menu). But when I do this, I get a window asking for password, but nowhere to enter the password and no "yes" option, only a "no"...
  7. Admin Command Prompt Problem

Admin Command Prompt Problem: So i got a game but it seems it can't find D3d11.dll. So i look on the internet to see how i can fix it myself. One idea said i should run sfc /scannow. I went on the admin command prompt, i can't type anything on it. It also automatically move to the top right of my screen...
  8. Can't run command prompt as admin... Even when opening as admin.

Can't run command prompt as admin... Even when opening as admin.: To keep my problem succinct: [ATTACH] Click "yes" on the security pop up (doesn't ask for my password, this is the only account on this laptop). Try to type in command I want to do, get this: [ATTACH] ... Just wanted to know why my network adapter keeps crashing every...
  9. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240
  10. Win10 Creators Update - Admin Command Prompt - ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Creators Update - Admin Command Prompt - ?: How do you access/get to the Admin Command Prompt in the newest Win10 Creators update? Its Window Start Key > cmd > Right Click Command Prompt (Run as Admin) is that correct? 84529