Windows 10: Command Prompt at login screen - Open in Windows 10

Discus and support Command Prompt at login screen - Open in Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I am using windows 10 but I forgot my login password. I need to open the Command Prompt but I don't have any bootable file to repair. Is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Rinko, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Rinko Win User

Command Prompt at login screen - Open in Windows 10

Hello,

I am using windows 10 but I forgot my login password. I need to open the Command Prompt but I don't have any bootable file to repair. Is there any key/short key that will open Command Prompt when my pc is locked and without repairing from boot. Like - f2, win+shift+print screen?

I saw some youtube videos and all of those used windows 10 file to bring cmd.exe. I heard, there might have any key to open cmd.exe while starting pc like windows 7.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

:)

Rinko, Feb 26, 2017

2. A certain message appears in command prompt when I press any key to enter login screen.

After I press any key on the lock screen (only with the image in background) to open the login menu (the place where we enter our login credentials), for a fraction of a second, there appears command prompt window from nowhere.

The command prompt like window has something related to Java (to be precise, the Command prompt window has the title which is actually the location of java files).The window remains open for a second and disappears then.

This happens only when I open the lock screen after pressing power key off and then on and not on startup.

This is a bit annoying sometimes.

NOTE : I started facing the above problem after I updated my Windows 10 to the latest version (1 day ago).

Edit 1 : The screenshot cannot be captured.

AtharvaNavsarikar, Feb 26, 2017
  3. tylê Win User
    Stuck at chosse account screen in Command Prompt (safe mode)

I also can not understand why I can not find this way in english. You can see more here http://blogtinhoc.vn/huong-dan-cai-windows-10-tu-o-cung-co-ban-quyen-mien-phi.html This
    way you can format C drive and clean install without any USB or DVD. I prefer this way, it's faster to install via usb or dvd because the speed reading on the hard drive is higher, of course...

Or simply extract the iso file to a drive like D or E, and run its setup.exe. This way you can keep your personal files, or app or remove them all (options like restore or reset). but it takes more time and save windows.old

That's what I did to clean install the windows from the hard drive. And yes, if your iso file is the latest, it's just like you have a clean update for your computer (if u keep app and personal files in the way: run setup.exe in windows).

tylê, Feb 26, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

5. f14tomcat Win User
    Hold down the shift key (don't let go) and restart. It will come up in all the recovery options.

f14tomcat, Feb 26, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    This is true, but the recovery environment that gets booted is the one from the OS partition. You will then get asked to choose an account and provide a password before you can get to the command prompt or other recovery options (try it and see).

To get in without being asked for a password you need to boot from another OS besides the one you want to repair. A bootable recovery drive is the normal one to choose, but without a USB to boot from you can force it to boot from its own Recovery Partition with Option Six from the tutorial I linked to earlier. You will then probably have to enable the built-in Administrator in order to reset the forgotten password.

7. Rinko Win User
    Thank you all. I am going to try this.

best,

Rinko, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Command Prompt at login screen - Open in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Command Prompt login

2. Command prompt opening on windows install screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt opening on windows install screen: In windows installer we used to access cmd by pressing shift + F10. Now it does not work. Does its support removed? Shortcut changed on some other issue?I tried many times and on many devices. Same every where.This screen. Both when updating or installing fresh....
  3. Command prompt opening on windows install screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command prompt opening on windows install screen: In windows installer we used to access cmd by pressing shift + F10. Now it does not work. Does its support removed? Shortcut changed on some other issue?I tried many times and on many devices. Same every where.This screen. Both when updating or installing fresh....
  4. How to open Command Prompt at Login screen or Boot in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to open Command Prompt at Login screen or Boot in Windows 11/10: [IMG]In this post, we will learn how to open the Command Prompt window at the Login screen or Boot on your Windows PC. Command Prompt (cmd.exe) is the default command line interpreter for Windows. It is faster than regular GUI and uses less memory. If you have a slow...
  5. Command prompt not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command prompt not opening: Hi All, Whenever I try to open a command prompt in windows 10 it crashes automatically. Please assist how to fix the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-not-opening/cc3ba5c9-0dda-421b-b0af-d3e128135a1c
  6. Command Prompt not opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt not opening in Windows 10: I had a problem opening command prompt in Windows 10. When I used Win+R and typing in cmd, the command prompt opened for a brief moment and the closed again. I found the culprit causing this on my PC, it was a malware/spyware program called soundmixer.exe. If you have...
  7. Windows opens with command prompt and a black screen.

Windows opens with command prompt and a black screen.: When I switch on my laptop. It opens with a command prompt screen and a black background, i.e. dekstop is not visible. On closing command prompt the black screen remains and the only function that works is Alt+Ctrl+delete. Please help.[IMG]...
  8. Command prompt not opening

Command prompt not opening: Hi, I recently installed a windows 10 update and noe cmd.exe does not work. I hvae tried many different methods to open it but all that happens is a small window flashes up ont he screen for a split second then dissapears. any ideas? s8on...
  9. Command Prompt Not Opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt Not Opening: Recently attempting to open Command prompt, ordinary or as administrator, it flashes for perhaps 2 seconds and then disappears. I tried the following commands sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth But none of these seem to work, I'm wondering if there...
  10. Open Command Prompt in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Command Prompt in Windows 10: How to: Open Command Prompt in Windows 10 How to Open a Command Prompt in Windows 10 A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands at the command prompt, you can perform tasks on your computer without...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to open cmd in logon

2. windows prompts password before login screen

3. open a cmd prompt windows logon windows 10

4. command prompt from login screen windows 10,
  5. how to get cmd in login screen windows 10,
  6. open command prompt windows 10 login screen,
  7. how to open cmd in login screen window 10,
  8. what key must I press at the lock screen to start the command prompt,
  9. open command prompt from logon screen,
  10. how to command command prompt without logging into windows,
  11. command prompt as log on screen,