Windows 10: Command Prompt closing immediately.

Discus and support Command Prompt closing immediately. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I startup and application which requires the command prompt to function I run the application as administrator and then the command prompt just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by terrorpro, Jun 6, 2020.

1. terrorpro Win User

Command Prompt closing immediately.

When I startup and application which requires the command prompt to function I run the application as administrator and then the command prompt just flashes and nothing else happens, I need help.

:)

terrorpro, Jun 6, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Zari90 Win User
    Command Prompt just flashes and closes immediately

Hi there,

Can anyone please assist, recently had an issue with trying to open command prompt, thought it had something to do with a issue on Windows 10 after an update.

When I tried to use cmd to run a command I noticed it would just flash and immediately close, I read previous forums about trying to fix Windows with the disk image, eventually I settled for creating a new Administration account and could access CMD there
    moved all my files over to the new profile and, setup everything from scratch.

Then after all that I signed back into One Drive and the same thing happened again Command Prompt opened and closed immediately so now I know it has something to do with One Drive, tried to disable it via gpedit.msc also tried to unlink my PC but still same
    issue CMD won't work anymore.

PLEASE HELP thanks

Zari90, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Command Prompt closing immediately.

Why does Windows 10 close apps immediately after they are opened?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you facing this issue with all the apps?
    • Are you getting any error message while the apps are closing?
    This issue may be caused by some app corruption or some third party app confliction. I suggest you to follow the methods given below:

Method 1:
    I suggest you to run the
    Windows store app
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store app.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist kindly follow the below given method.

Method 2:
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    3. Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Command Prompt closing immediately.

1. Command Prompt closing immediately. - Similar Threads - Command Prompt closing

2. Command Prompt is closing immediately after a few seconds!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt is closing immediately after a few seconds!: Hello, I have a problem with command prompt in windows 11. Command prompt is closing automatically all by it's self after few seconds when opened. It is really annoying. When I was about to type something, it closes automatically which makes me angry. And also, the terminal...
  3. Command Prompt is closing immediately after a few seconds!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt is closing immediately after a few seconds!: Hello, I have a problem with command prompt in windows 11. Command prompt is closing automatically all by it's self after few seconds when opened. It is really annoying. When I was about to type something, it closes automatically which makes me angry. And also, the terminal...
  4. Command Prompt closes immediately after opening batch file

in Windows 10 News
    Command Prompt closes immediately after opening batch file: [ATTACH]When we execute a batch file, the Command Prompt opens and closes automatically after processing the batch file. Sometimes, the command is executed so quickly that it seems like the Command Prompt closes immediately after opening the batch (BAT) file. This prevents...
  5. Command Prompt Opens then closes immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt Opens then closes immediately: When I open CMD or any command that uses cmd, it just opens then closes really fastplease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-opens-then-closes-immediately/de915006-128d-4861-ac88-ee63f4cfea67
  6. MFEAvSvc.exe opening command prompt but immediately closes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MFEAvSvc.exe opening command prompt but immediately closes: Hi, Whenever I open an MS Office application Word, Excel, etc. a few command prompts open and close rapidly, one after another. The title bar on the command prompt says: C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MfeAV\MFEAvSvc.exe There is no text within the command prompt that I can see. I...
  7. Command Prompt opening and closing immediately

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Prompt opening and closing immediately: im trying to open my cmd, ive tried as administrator, I've tried making a copy and renaming the exe file, I've tried launching it in safe mode. and nothing is working...
  8. Command prompt closes immediately after launching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command prompt closes immediately after launching: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ledgerthemain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/docmt1/command_prompt_closes_immediately_after_launching/
  9. Command Prompt just flashes and closes immediately

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Command Prompt just flashes and closes immediately: Hi there, Can anyone please assist, recently had an issue with trying to open command prompt, thought it had something to do with a issue on Windows 10 after an update. When I tried to use cmd to run a command I noticed it would just flash and immediately close, I read...
  10. Command Prompt Won't Close

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt Won't Close: Ok, so on my Dell Latitude E6520 laptop, I can open command prompt (Normal and Admin), but can not close any of the CMD windows I open unless I go through the Task Manager and shut them down. I do not have that issue on my desktop, which is also running Windows 10 Pro. Is...