Windows 10: Command Prompt CMD flashes but does not stay open.

Discus and support Command Prompt CMD flashes but does not stay open. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My CMD was working fine until I had to uninstall Anaconda from my system. After that the CMD prompt stopped working. When running CMD even as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RezaRazi, May 28, 2021.

1. RezaRazi Win User

Command Prompt CMD flashes but does not stay open.

My CMD was working fine until I had to uninstall Anaconda from my system. After that the CMD prompt stopped working. When running CMD even as administrator, it opened the window but immediately got closed. The problem was not from PATH variables. Even directly going to C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directories and running cmd.exe encountered the same problem. I also ran "sfc /scannow" in the PowerShell but could not fix the problem either, nor restarting my system several times.The fix was to open Registry Editor by searching "regedit" in the start menu, then search for "autorun

:)

RezaRazi, May 28, 2021
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, May 28, 2021
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, May 28, 2021
  4. Aceman.au Win User

.txt will open open in Command Prompt

I don't know why but no matter what I do .txt will only open in CMD prompt and I have right click and go to open with every time which is annoying cause I use .txts a lot for noting stuff down in.

Aceman.au, May 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Command Prompt CMD flashes but does not stay open. - Similar Threads - Command Prompt CMD

2. Command Prompt in WinRE does not open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Command Prompt in WinRE does not open: I am attempting to open the Command Prompt in Advanced Options when I restart my PC in the Windows Recovery Environment. However, whenever I click the Command Prompt option, it cycles HDMI, DP, etc., then my monitor says no signal, resulting in a black screen that I have to...
  3. Command Prompt in WinRE does not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt in WinRE does not open: I am attempting to open the Command Prompt in Advanced Options when I restart my PC in the Windows Recovery Environment. However, whenever I click the Command Prompt option, it cycles HDMI, DP, etc., then my monitor says no signal, resulting in a black screen that I have to...
  4. Command Prompt in WinRE does not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Command prompt flashing for a moment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt flashing for a moment: There is a command prompt flashing on my computer every once in a while. It lasts just a moment and I can't see if there is any text inside of itThe biggest problem is that it tabs me out of full screen games, and that is really annoying.I scanned my pc for viruses and such...
  6. Command prompt flashing for a moment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command prompt flashing for a moment: There is a command prompt flashing on my computer every once in a while. It lasts just a moment and I can't see if there is any text inside of itThe biggest problem is that it tabs me out of full screen games, and that is really annoying.I scanned my pc for viruses and such...
  7. Command prompt flashing for a moment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can't open command prompt cmd on windows 10

Can't open command prompt cmd on windows 10: Hi, So, recently I've had this weird bug that I can't open my command prompt in normal mode or admin, the only way to open it is if I create a new user on my computer, this way I can open it but only in the new user session. When trying to open it it flashes, opens and...
  9. Check disk at command prompt CMD

Check disk at command prompt CMD: Hello,I also appealed to the Microsoft community where I also have a request to you, and those to ask you to give me all the useful check disk commands in the command prompt CMDThank you!Wait for response!A good day!...
  10. command prompt flashing on this computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    command prompt flashing on this computer.: a few weeks ago I clicked an adobe reader update. almost immediately thereafter, command prompt flashing began on this computer and I have found no simple way to stop it. please provide a series of steps that might allow me to eliminate this problem....