Windows 10: Command prompt crashes immediately after opening

Discus and support Command prompt crashes immediately after opening in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I run command prompt whether directly or by running it as an administrator, it opens and closes immediately, I have made windows upgrade by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Fadi Hindi, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Command prompt crashes immediately after opening

When I run command prompt whether directly or by running it as an administrator, it opens and closes immediately,

I have made windows upgrade by downloading the tool from Microsoft website, and I have chosen to keep my files and settings. The problem persisted.

How can I fix this problem? Is it a normal issue with the latest version update of Windows 10? I was also having trouble with Windows update, but it was fixed when I upgraded Window, but the CMD problem persisted. I have McAfee Total Protection installed, is it related to the problem?

:)

Fadi Hindi, Jan 10, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jan 10, 2019
  3. cwtech Win User

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Caring1 Win User

Command prompt crashes immediately after opening

Command prompt is only accessible from the Administrative Profile, this is to prevent general users from accessing and bypassing controls.
    One method is to remove the drive and connect it to another system.

Caring1, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Command prompt crashes immediately after opening

1. Command prompt crashes immediately after opening - Similar Threads - Command prompt crashes

2. Command Prompt is closing immediately after a few seconds!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt is closing immediately after a few seconds!: Hello, I have a problem with command prompt in windows 11. Command prompt is closing automatically all by it's self after few seconds when opened. It is really annoying. When I was about to type something, it closes automatically which makes me angry. And also, the terminal...
  3. Command Prompt closes immediately after opening batch file

in Windows 10 News
    Command Prompt closes immediately after opening batch file: [ATTACH]When we execute a batch file, the Command Prompt opens and closes automatically after processing the batch file. Sometimes, the command is executed so quickly that it seems like the Command Prompt closes immediately after opening the batch (BAT) file. This prevents...
  4. Command prompt crashing immediately after opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command prompt crashing immediately after opening: Hi, Command prompt closes immediately after I open it. This only started recently after the instalation of miniconda and VScode. I've uninstalled both of those to try to isolate the problem, but command prompt still crashes upon opening. Powershell still works. Command prompt...
  5. Command Prompt Opens then closes immediately

Command Prompt Opens then closes immediately: When I open CMD or any command that uses cmd, it just opens then closes really fastplease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-opens-then-closes-immediately/de915006-128d-4861-ac88-ee63f4cfea67
  6. Command Prompt opens and immediately exits with code 1.

Command Prompt opens and immediately exits with code 1.: Hello, I'm sorry to have to post a question when there are dozens with the same title, but I have tried all of the options I have seen suggested, but my issue persists.When I run cmd.exe, it opens and then immediately quits.Things I've tried, but have not solved the...
  7. MFEAvSvc.exe opening command prompt but immediately closes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MFEAvSvc.exe opening command prompt but immediately closes: Hi, Whenever I open an MS Office application Word, Excel, etc. a few command prompts open and close rapidly, one after another. The title bar on the command prompt says: C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MfeAV\MFEAvSvc.exe There is no text within the command prompt that I can see. I...
  8. Command Prompt opening and closing immediately

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Prompt opening and closing immediately: im trying to open my cmd, ive tried as administrator, I've tried making a copy and renaming the exe file, I've tried launching it in safe mode. and nothing is working...
  9. Command Prompt closing immediately.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt closing immediately.: When I startup and application which requires the command prompt to function I run the application as administrator and then the command prompt just flashes and nothing else happens, I need help....
  10. Command prompt closes immediately after launching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command prompt closes immediately after launching: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ledgerthemain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/docmt1/command_prompt_closes_immediately_after_launching/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cmd crashes after opening

2. command prompt crashes windows 10

3. command prompt crashes on openin

4. command prompt opens and closes immediately,
  5. command prompt crashes as soon as opened,
  6. command prompt crashes