Windows 10: Command Prompt didn't recognize one of the commands

Discus and support Command Prompt didn't recognize one of the commands in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This evening I tried to get into command prompt by right-click " run in administrator " This part had no problem but after this --it's not. What I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by imcanadian, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Command Prompt didn't recognize one of the commands

This evening I tried to get into command prompt by right-click " run in administrator " This part had no problem but after this --it's not. What I am trying to fix MBR issue on my laptop. I found the link that I search on Google and tried it.
    Here is the link below:

How to fix MBR issues on Windows 10 Technical Preview Installation : Solved - TechDiscussion Community

Now when I type bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd and hit enter. Then I got the error message and look below:

bootrec is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

So is Windows 10 not recognize with that word " bootrec " and what is the other word for this. Maybe you know better than me how to fix MBR issue in Windows 10.

John

:)

imcanadian, Aug 31, 2015

2. Windows 10 Product Key

I did the command prompt key admin and enter the command in two ways with spaces and w/o . it didn't recognize command.

StephanieToney, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Command Prompt Command

What does the command:

"wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey OA3xOriginalProductKey"

does in windows 10?

* Moved from Insider

Akshat Kumar, Aug 31, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Command Prompt didn't recognize one of the commands

You need to run as described in your link - booting from your install media or recovery environment - not from a command prompt when you are in Windows.

If you can boot into Windows though you probably don't need to do it anyway. What problem are you having?

5. Thank you for your time to reply to my message. OK my problem is that sometime when I turn on the laptop and get the error message so I turn off the laptop then turn on -- it goes away and can get into login with Windows 10. Anyway here is the error message below that I got on my laptop screen:

BOOTMGR image is corrupted. The system cannot boot.

That is why I want to see if I can fix MBR on my solid state drive. Guess that I will be okay because I can boot into Windows after second time but not all the time.

I better leave it alone as is and nothing to touch or trying to fix.

John

imcanadian, Aug 31, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    It does sound like you should do it in case it gets worse and you can't boot..

If you follow this tutorial to easily get to a command prompt at boot time Advanced Startup Options - Boot to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums (option 1 looks the easiest).

You then click on the "Troubleshoot" then "Advanced Options" buttons to get to the "Command Prompt" button.

When you get the command prompt enter the following (may as well do them all):

• bootrec /FixMbr
      [*]bootrec /FixBoot
      [*]bootrec /RebuildBcd

Details of these commands are here - they are the same in Windows 10 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/927392

7. OK I will do this tomorrow morning to see if that's work. Because I don't think that I have followed the instructions in first time and will try again.

John

imcanadian, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Command Prompt didn't recognize one of the commands

1. Command Prompt didn't recognize one of the commands - Similar Threads - Command Prompt didn't

2. commands for command prompt not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    commands for command prompt not working: im trying to reset my laptop and everytime it says there was a problem resetting your pc so i looked up a youtube vid on how to fix this and came across the command "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" when i press enter however NOTHING happens, i let it sit for a...
  3. commands for command prompt not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    commands for command prompt not working: im trying to reset my laptop and everytime it says there was a problem resetting your pc so i looked up a youtube vid on how to fix this and came across the command "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" when i press enter however NOTHING happens, i let it sit for a...
  4. commands for command prompt not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Command Prompt Didn't Delete Video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt Didn't Delete Video: Omnya Bafarat's HP Laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-didnt-delete-video/4ddd0cfb-7dc3-4444-8994-b9b10156bc9c
  6. Commands on command prompt are showing up as "not recognized"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Commands on command prompt are showing up as "not recognized": I executed some commands like ipconfig,netsh, cipher, etc etc but they all showed up as "not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". I have worked with these commands before and they were working properly until today. What could be the...
  7. bootrec not recognized by command prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bootrec not recognized by command prompt: Guys please help when I go to windows automatic repair an error pops out saying "Windows automatic repair could not fix your pc" so I tried going to command prompt running with admin of course and using the code bootrec /RebuildBcd and bootrec /FixBoot to fix it but a message...
  8. "rename" command in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "rename" command in Command Prompt: Never thought I'd have another DOS question, but ... never say never, I guess. So I have a folder with sub-folders named with the dates of all the weekdays in April, in the format 2019-04-xx_. I want to change the names to May, i.e. replace "04" with "05". I opened a...
  9. command prompt commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    command prompt commands: Can anybody just tell me what the command prompt for starting up in safe mode with networking is, if there is one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/command-prompt-commands/7b058934-65f0-40dc-8982-936764895a61
  10. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bootrec command prompt not recognized windows 10

2. cmd show that jhon reppir is not recognize how to fix it

3. bootrec is not recognized as an internal

4. bootrec is not recognized as an internal or external command