Windows 10: Command Prompt exited with code 1

Discus and support Command Prompt exited with code 1 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi, I'm having this error problem and couldn't run any file and Jupyter notebook is not working also.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BidyutMahanta, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Command Prompt exited with code 1

Command Prompt exited with code 1 8a657946-54f8-48f4-93b2-877e971a1cca?upload=true.jpg

Hi, I'm having this error problem and couldn't run any file and Jupyter notebook is not working also.

:)

BidyutMahanta, Dec 8, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Dec 8, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

Command Prompt exited with code 1

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Command Prompt exited with code 1

1. Command Prompt exited with code 1 - Similar Threads - Command Prompt exited

2. Need some Command Prompt codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need some Command Prompt codes: There is a system that comes with Windows computers called Command Prompt or "cmd". I only know two codes on it. Just wondering if you have a list of codes I can use?...
  3. Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.: I had the problem of the user not loading during startup so i booted my pc on safe mode with command prompt and when i opened it i put the command and naturally closed the command prompt, there is a black screen and there i nothing i can do, its a laptop Haier Y11b to be...
  4. Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.: I had the problem of the user not loading during startup so i booted my pc on safe mode with command prompt and when i opened it i put the command and naturally closed the command prompt, there is a black screen and there i nothing i can do, its a laptop Haier Y11b to be...
  5. Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.

6. Windows 10 Command Prompt auto closed. Exited with code 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Command Prompt auto closed. Exited with code 1: Hi,I'm hitting a problem of Windows Command prompt auto closed in about 2 to 2.5 mins, either I do something or do nothing.Even when I open 4 command prompt windows, wait for a few mins, all 4 windows are closed at the same time.I tried using Windows Terminal and still see a...
  7. Windows 10 Command Prompt auto closed. Exited with code 1

Windows 10 Command Prompt auto closed. Exited with code 1: Hi,I'm hitting a problem of Windows Command prompt auto closed in about 2 to 2.5 mins, either I do something or do nothing.Even when I open 4 command prompt windows, wait for a few mins, all 4 windows are closed at the same time.I tried using Windows Terminal and still see a...
  8. Windows 10 Command Prompt auto closed. Exited with code 1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Command Prompt opens and immediately exits with code 1.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt opens and immediately exits with code 1.: Hello, I'm sorry to have to post a question when there are dozens with the same title, but I have tried all of the options I have seen suggested, but my issue persists.When I run cmd.exe, it opens and then immediately quits.Things I've tried, but have not solved the...
  10. How to exit Command Prompt in Safe Mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to exit Command Prompt in Safe Mode?: I forgotten the password and got stuck in Command Prompt in Safe Mode. How can I get out the Command Prompt to go back to Troubleshoot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-exit-command-prompt-in-safe-mode/f92f8ea4-ef74-46f9-ba61-e7e86ff62ca5