Windows 10: Command Prompt FTP hanging on 'put' command

Discus and support Command Prompt FTP hanging on 'put' command in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The user that is having this issue accidentally hit cancel on the Windows Firewall prompt to allow the connection when he first tried the command.After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by billuyse, Sep 11, 2021.

1. billuyse Win User

Command Prompt FTP hanging on 'put' command

The user that is having this issue accidentally hit cancel on the Windows Firewall prompt to allow the connection when he first tried the command.After trying to use the 'put' command, it hangs on this line: 200 PORT subcommand request successfulI tried allowing the ftp.exe program through the firewall both inbound and outbound and it still hangs like above. I am not sure if there is a way to get the prompt back from when it first prompted him and hit allow this time.After doing a little bit of digging what I understand is the ftp program is trying to use 'active ftp connection', which te

:)

billuyse, Sep 11, 2021
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Sep 11, 2021
  3. cwtech Win User

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Sep 11, 2021
  4. Caring1 Win User

Command prompt is only accessible from the Administrative Profile, this is to prevent general users from accessing and bypassing controls.
    One method is to remove the drive and connect it to another system.

Caring1, Sep 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Command Prompt FTP hanging on 'put' command - Similar Threads - Command Prompt FTP

2. commands for command prompt not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    commands for command prompt not working: im trying to reset my laptop and everytime it says there was a problem resetting your pc so i looked up a youtube vid on how to fix this and came across the command "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" when i press enter however NOTHING happens, i let it sit for a...
  3. commands for command prompt not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    commands for command prompt not working: im trying to reset my laptop and everytime it says there was a problem resetting your pc so i looked up a youtube vid on how to fix this and came across the command "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" when i press enter however NOTHING happens, i let it sit for a...
  4. commands for command prompt not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Ftp Windows Command Line Lcd Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ftp Windows Command Line Lcd Command: I'm using Windows command line for getting some files from a ftp server.I need to change the local directory during the session.I tried using 'lcd' command but it's not working. I displayed that the command is executed correctly but when i download the files they are...
  6. Ftp Windows Command Line Lcd Command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ftp Windows Command Line Lcd Command: I'm using Windows command line for getting some files from a ftp server.I need to change the local directory during the session.I tried using 'lcd' command but it's not working. I displayed that the command is executed correctly but when i download the files they are...
  7. Ftp Windows Command Line Lcd Command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. "rename" command in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "rename" command in Command Prompt: Never thought I'd have another DOS question, but ... never say never, I guess. So I have a folder with sub-folders named with the dates of all the weekdays in April, in the format 2019-04-xx_. I want to change the names to May, i.e. replace "04" with "05". I opened a...
  9. command prompt commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    command prompt commands: Can anybody just tell me what the command prompt for starting up in safe mode with networking is, if there is one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/command-prompt-commands/7b058934-65f0-40dc-8982-936764895a61
  10. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240