Windows 10: Command prompt games no longer have any sound and don't appear in the volume mixer

Discus and support Command prompt games no longer have any sound and don't appear in the volume mixer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I make a play games using the Windows command prompt, they each use the c++ Playsound functions to play various .wav sound effects and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by huwmillward, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Command prompt games no longer have any sound and don't appear in the volume mixer

Hello all,

I make a play games using the Windows command prompt, they each use the c++ Playsound functions to play various .wav sound effects and songs in the games.

These have worked with no issue for 5 years, but one hour ago I noticed the game had no sound, this isn't unusual as I mute it often but I checked and it wasn't muted, it wasn't in the volume mixer at all.

All drivers are up to date and this is Windows 10, I restarted the pc. I've tried a bunch of things but no luck.

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Huw

:)

huwmillward, Sep 18, 2019

2. How can i get the volume mixer sound for a particular game if it's muted from volume mixer

OT- Sound Issues

Since programs are only listed in volume mixer if they are "making sound", and you mute it from volume mixer, how can you get it back as listed on volume mixer because if it's muted from volume mixer then it won't make sound for volume mixer to identify
    therefore you can never get it back, but I need volume for the game I'm playing. Is there a way to get it to reappear even though it's permanently muted? I've been searching for an answer but it's all saying to make the program make noise so it registers,
    but it's muted from volume mixer, so how do I get it to make noise??

SummerMarceaux, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How can i get the volume mixer sound for a particular game if it's muted from volume mixer

Hello,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would like to inform you if a game is permanently muted in volume mixer, then you won’t be getting sound for that particular game. The applications which are having sound option might be listed in the volume mixer if you find those applications in
    the volume mixer separately, then you can adjust the volume of those applications separately.

Hope this helps.

Arul_D, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Command prompt games no longer have any sound and don't appear in the volume mixer

Taptiles Volume

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. After opening the game, right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "open volume mixer".

2. If the particular game is listed, turn down the volume and check the result.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Command prompt games no longer have any sound and don't appear in the volume mixer

1. Command prompt games no longer have any sound and don't appear in the volume mixer - Similar Threads - Command prompt games

2. Games from the Windows 10 Store don't have any sounds

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Games from the Windows 10 Store don't have any sounds: Hello! My games from the Windows 10 Store had sounds until yesterday. Now they are without any sounds and I don't know what to do to get them back. I have tried reinstalling the apps, the store itself, but nothing seems to work. Please, help me with this issue....
  3. Turn off volume mixer notification sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off volume mixer notification sound: I get a "ding" notification sound in Windows 10 when I turn the main volume in volume mixer up to 100%. I have all system sounds disabled in control panel/sounds (set to none). This only seems to happen when audio playback programs are running (like iTunes, MusicBee, MPC-HC,...
  4. Don't have sound in games but do in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't have sound in games but do in Windows: I recently bought a brand new ASUS RoG Gaming Laptop and all of a sudden the other day I noticed a glitching noise of one continuous sound and my Flight simulator lags unless i hit "Q" to turn in game sound off now... never lagged before. On top of that all my steam games and...
  5. command prompt commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    command prompt commands: Can anybody just tell me what the command prompt for starting up in safe mode with networking is, if there is one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/command-prompt-commands/7b058934-65f0-40dc-8982-936764895a61
  6. Default app volume in Volume mixer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default app volume in Volume mixer.: By default, Groove music is too loud, so I turn to the Volume mixer and set its volume to 1%. But when I close Groove window and launch it again, it again becomes 100% in the Volume mixer, so I need to change it every time. Can I solve this problem?...
  7. Some sounds are toned down in Volume Mixer by "default"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some sounds are toned down in Volume Mixer by "default": Title really says it all.. This is rather recent though, I could not trace what I did that caused the system to automatically adjust certain apps' sounds as it pleases. It's both a nuisance and an inconvenience to have to go into Volume Mixer and up the volume of almost...
  8. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240
  9. "Open command prompt" no longer available in QAT

in Windows 10 Support
    "Open command prompt" no longer available in QAT: The tutorial Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer Windows 10 Customization Tutorials Step 5 describes how to add to the File explorer Quick Access Toolbar (QAT). For some reason the option to add a command prompt is gone on all my...
  10. Command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Command prompt: Hi I have noticed since the last update that where you right click on `start` the "command prompt as administrator" has gone, simple question I hope, how do I get it back or wheres it gone. Thanks *Banghead*Banghead 82525