Windows 10: Command prompt games no longer have any sound and don't appear in the volume mixer

Discus and support Command prompt games no longer have any sound and don't appear in the volume mixer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I make a play games using the Windows command prompt, they each use the c++ Playsound functions to play various .wav sound effects and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by huwmillward, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Command prompt games no longer have any sound and don't appear in the volume mixer

Hello all,

I make a play games using the Windows command prompt, they each use the c++ Playsound functions to play various .wav sound effects and songs in the games.

These have worked with no issue for 5 years, but one hour ago I noticed the game had no sound, this isn't unusual as I mute it often but I checked and it wasn't muted, it wasn't in the volume mixer at all.

All drivers are up to date and this is Windows 10, I restarted the pc. I've tried a bunch of things but no luck.

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Huw

:)

huwmillward, Sep 18, 2019

2. How can i get the volume mixer sound for a particular game if it's muted from volume mixer

OT- Sound Issues

Since programs are only listed in volume mixer if they are "making sound", and you mute it from volume mixer, how can you get it back as listed on volume mixer because if it's muted from volume mixer then it won't make sound for volume mixer to identify
    therefore you can never get it back, but I need volume for the game I'm playing. Is there a way to get it to reappear even though it's permanently muted? I've been searching for an answer but it's all saying to make the program make noise so it registers,
    but it's muted from volume mixer, so how do I get it to make noise??

SummerMarceaux, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How can i get the volume mixer sound for a particular game if it's muted from volume mixer

Hello,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would like to inform you if a game is permanently muted in volume mixer, then you won’t be getting sound for that particular game. The applications which are having sound option might be listed in the volume mixer if you find those applications in
    the volume mixer separately, then you can adjust the volume of those applications separately.

Hope this helps.

Arul_D, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Command prompt games no longer have any sound and don't appear in the volume mixer

Taptiles Volume

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. After opening the game, right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "open volume mixer".

2. If the particular game is listed, turn down the volume and check the result.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Command prompt games no longer have any sound and don't appear in the volume mixer

1. Command prompt games no longer have any sound and don't appear in the volume mixer - Similar Threads - Command prompt games

2. My Game doesn't appear in volume mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Game doesn't appear in volume mixer: I am currently trying to play Persona 5 Strikers on my desktop, but when I start the program it does not appear in the volume mixer.ALL other applications appear to be running fine in the mixer, just not the Persona.I have done these steps from another post, without...
  3. My Game doesn't appear in volume mixer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Game doesn't appear in volume mixer: I am currently trying to play Persona 5 Strikers on my desktop, but when I start the program it does not appear in the volume mixer.ALL other applications appear to be running fine in the mixer, just not the Persona.I have done these steps from another post, without...
  4. Settings>System>Sound>Volume Mixer. The volume is at 0. I cannot get any sounds from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings>System>Sound>Volume Mixer. The volume is at 0. I cannot get any sounds from...: Settings>System>Sound>Volume Mixer. The volume is at 0. I cannot get any sounds from music, you tube videos etc. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settingssystemsoundvolume-mixer-the-volume-is-at-0/6b8a5243-4bb0-4b4c-83ae-747023d9409f
  5. Edge no sound and not showing in volume mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge no sound and not showing in volume mixer: I cant hear any sound from microsoft edge only, it is also not showing in volume mixer. im using win 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-no-sound-and-not-showing-in-volume-mixer/294a351a-6fbc-439a-9bd9-003029421bff
  6. Volume mixer is not saving a sound percentage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume mixer is not saving a sound percentage: After reinstalling Windows, the Volume mixer stopped saving a sound percentage for individual applications, I have the latest drivers and latest Windows version....
  7. Volume mixer is not saving a sound percentage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume mixer is not saving a sound percentage: After reinstalling Windows, the Volume mixer stopped saving a sound percentage for individual applications, I have the latest drivers and latest Windows version....
  8. Sound-volume mixer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound-volume mixer: i use 2 chrome tabs one with work email and other with personal now using volume mixer i could set different volume levels for both tabs but from few days it doesnt show me 2 tabs in the volume mixer . there is only 1 volume level adjustment bar for both the tabs. I want to...
  9. Command Prompt appears and disappears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Prompt appears and disappears: Sometimes and not always command prompt appears while I am browsing on google and it stays there for like a second and then suddenly disappears . My laptop is new and it has no problems as of now also i scanned for viruses but it showed none , please someone help me because...
  10. Notification sound not appearing in volume mixer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notification sound not appearing in volume mixer.: Hi, appreciate any help. I have set Windows notification sounds to be completely silent, no sounds set for anything. Every 30 minutes I'll get a notification sound from something that is not viewable in the volume mixer. I've recorded my screen to capture the moment it...