Windows 10: Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command

Discus and support Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I need hlepWhenever I use Command Prompt for the shutdown /m command, it doesn't work. When I put in my own device name, it actually works. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MacsS'4, Jun 25, 2022.

1. MacsS'4 Win User

Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command

Hi. I need hlepWhenever I use Command Prompt for the shutdown /m command, it doesn't work. When I put in my own device name, it actually works. But when I am shutting down another laptop, it doesn't work. It always says this,The entered computer name is not valid or remote shutdown is not supported on the target computer. Check the name and then try again or contact your system administrator.

:)

MacsS'4, Jun 25, 2022
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jun 25, 2022
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Jun 25, 2022
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command :)

Thema:

1. Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command - Similar Threads - Command Prompt Help

2. Win11 Command prompt help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Command prompt help: Just upgraded to win11I'm having a problem with black squares in front of my desktop icons.I discovered that by doing a disc cleanup with the thumbnails checked on, after rebooting, it solved the problem... but unless I do that each and every time, the squares reappear.I...
  3. Help with command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with command prompt: Someone stopped responding to me on another question so I need an answer quick. I was following a guide in a thread and got stuck after I booted with usb. I’m at a part where I’m in the command prompt and need to enter my user and the net user command but I really have no...
  4. Help with command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with command prompt: Someone stopped responding to me on another question so I need an answer quick. I was following a guide in a thread and got stuck after I booted with usb. I’m at a part where I’m in the command prompt and need to enter my user and the net user command but I really have no...
  5. Help with command prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command: Hi. I need hlepWhenever I use Command Prompt for the shutdown /m command, it doesn't work. When I put in my own device name, it actually works. But when I am shutting down another laptop, it doesn't work. It always says this,The entered computer name is not valid or remote...
  7. Help with run command using the command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with run command using the command prompt: Hello, I have a question regarding running a batch file using a command prompt. My batch file is in my directory. I change directory to where my batch file is located at , and run the batch file as shown in my example. But I got an error saying a run is not recognized...
  8. Help undoing these commands entered at command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Help undoing these commands entered at command prompt: Hello everyone. I was talking with PC Matic tech support who were trying to troubleshoot a problem I was having. They had me run some commands that totally crippled Windows Defender. It did not fix the problem and now they are not being helpful in assisting me to undo these...
  9. command prompt commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    command prompt commands: Can anybody just tell me what the command prompt for starting up in safe mode with networking is, if there is one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/command-prompt-commands/7b058934-65f0-40dc-8982-936764895a61
  10. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240