Windows 10: Command prompt issue, Windows 10

Discus and support Command prompt issue, Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I went into the command prompt and entered - DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and a message appeared - Elevated permissions are required... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Micklanna, Aug 21, 2021.

1. Micklanna Win User

Command prompt issue, Windows 10

I went into the command prompt and entered - DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and a message appeared - Elevated permissions are required to run DISM.Use an elevated command prompt to complete these tasks. How do I do that ? I have never tried this before, trying to find issues with my Lenovo laptop running slow, not responsive, thank you..... OS NameMicrosoft Windows 10 HomeVersion10.0.19042 Build 19042Other OS Description Not AvailableOS ManufacturerMicrosoft CorporationSystem NameLAPTOP-F9IT2DUCSystem ManufacturerLENOVOSystem Model80XVSystem Typex64-based PCSystem SKULENOVO_MT_80XV_BU_idea_FM_ideapad 320-15ASTProcessorAMD E2-9000 RADEON R2, 4 COMPUTE CORES 2C+2G, 1800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

:)

Micklanna, Aug 21, 2021
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Aug 21, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. Ryan Pag Win User

Command prompt Administrator issue under Win 10

Hello,

Here's the alternative steps to run open the command prompt as administrator.

• Press Windows Logo + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin) to open command prompt as administrator.

Let us know how it goes.

Ryan Pag, Aug 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Command prompt issue, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Command prompt issue

2. Command prompt startup issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt startup issue: Hi! I have this problem for a while now. When starting or restarting my PC Win 11 OS, I keep encountering this issue wherein cmd keeps popping up and saying, "Windows cannot find '--minimized'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again."I keep looking for...
  3. Command prompt startup issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command prompt startup issue: Hi! I have this problem for a while now. When starting or restarting my PC Win 11 OS, I keep encountering this issue wherein cmd keeps popping up and saying, "Windows cannot find '--minimized'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again."I keep looking for...
  4. Troubleshoot Command Prompt Sign in Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshoot Command Prompt Sign in Issue: I am currently attempting to convert my Legacy OS to a UEFI system and as it currently has the sufficient system requirements to do so.I intended to open command prompt from the troubleshoot menu and enter the command"mbr2gpt /validate" followed by mbr2gpt /convertbut I...
  5. Windows 10 command prompt issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 command prompt issue: Hi,When I open my command prompt in Windows 10, there are strange symbols or squares on top as shown in the screenshot. How do I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-command-prompt-issue/2974b24c-afe6-478c-91fb-5ac1757bfb48
  6. Command Prompt issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command Prompt issue: I try to open it as an admin, and it says "to continue, enter admin username and password" and the only option it gives me is "no" which closes out the program. This started happening after deleting another account and setting this one to device owner....
  7. Windows 10 sort issue or bug at command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 sort issue or bug at command prompt: Hello, all. I am either seeing a bug in sort or I am not using it - or understanding it - correctly. I have a file "filelist.txt" that contains a listing of files on my Windows 10 system. The size is 65,772,625 bytes. When I sort the file and place the results into a...
  8. Command Prompt Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt Issue: I am the only user on my laptop and have the Administrator account. When I access the command prompt, the usual DOS line C:\Windows\system32 does not appear. I have tried opening as Admin, too, even though I already am the Admin. Instead I get this C:\Users\rotor, which is...
  9. Command Prompt Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt Issue: Hi, Whenever I open my command Prompt (Windows 10 Home), it briefly flashes for less than a second and closes. I tried all the solutions on the Microsoft Forum as well as all other forums but no luck. Right now I don't have any other choice but to use Windows Powershell but...
  10. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240