Windows 10: Command Prompt not working or opening in Windows 11/10

Discus and support Command Prompt not working or opening in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Is Command Prompt not working or opening on your Windows 11/10 PC? Here is a complete guide on how to fix the problem of CMD not launching or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 19, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Command Prompt not working or opening in Windows 11/10

Command Prompt not working or opening in Windows 11/10 Command-Prompt-not-working-or-opening.png
    Is Command Prompt not working or opening on your Windows 11/10 PC? Here is a complete guide on how to fix the problem of CMD not launching or working properly on your system. Command Prompt or CMD is a prominent command-line tool in Windows that allows you to execute and perform different commands and tasks. […]

This article Command Prompt not working or opening in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 19, 2022
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Apr 19, 2022
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Apr 19, 2022
  4. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

1. Command Prompt not working or opening in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - Command Prompt working

2. commands for command prompt not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    commands for command prompt not working: im trying to reset my laptop and everytime it says there was a problem resetting your pc so i looked up a youtube vid on how to fix this and came across the command "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" when i press enter however NOTHING happens, i let it sit for a...
  3. commands for command prompt not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    commands for command prompt not working: im trying to reset my laptop and everytime it says there was a problem resetting your pc so i looked up a youtube vid on how to fix this and came across the command "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" when i press enter however NOTHING happens, i let it sit for a...
  4. Command prompt not opening

Command prompt not opening: Hi All, Whenever I try to open a command prompt in windows 10 it crashes automatically. Please assist how to fix the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-not-opening/cc3ba5c9-0dda-421b-b0af-d3e128135a1c
  5. command prompt not working in windows 10

command prompt not working in windows 10: when ever try to open CMD I get an error message, i have tried all the solutions that I have found on the internet but none of them worked Solutions that I have tried Turning off antivirus: did not work Create a new user account: it did work Command prompt shortcut: did not...
  6. Command Prompt not opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt not opening in Windows 10: I had a problem opening command prompt in Windows 10. When I used Win+R and typing in cmd, the command prompt opened for a brief moment and the closed again. I found the culprit causing this on my PC, it was a malware/spyware program called soundmixer.exe. If you have...
  7. Windows Command Prompt is not opening...

Windows Command Prompt is not opening...: So I was trying to open the command prompt and every time the command prompt opened for a short while and it closes by itself. I mean it just flashes for a moment and I can't see a thing. I created a new administrator account and tried to open it and it worked. But I can't...
  8. Command prompt not opening

Command prompt not opening: Hi, I recently installed a windows 10 update and noe cmd.exe does not work. I hvae tried many different methods to open it but all that happens is a small window flashes up ont he screen for a split second then dissapears. any ideas? s8on...
  9. Command Prompt Not Opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt Not Opening: Recently attempting to open Command prompt, ordinary or as administrator, it flashes for perhaps 2 seconds and then disappears. I tried the following commands sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth But none of these seem to work, I'm wondering if there...
  10. Open Command Prompt in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Command Prompt in Windows 10: How to: Open Command Prompt in Windows 10 How to Open a Command Prompt in Windows 10 A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands at the command prompt, you can perform tasks on your computer without...