Windows 10: Command prompt only works in legacy console mode

Discus and support Command prompt only works in legacy console mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried enabling legacy console just to see what it would do (I'm not very familiar with the option). After seeing that it limits the font options, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anonymous_155, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Command prompt only works in legacy console mode

I tried enabling legacy console just to see what it would do (I'm not very familiar with the option). After seeing that it limits the font options, I disabled it again. Reloaded console and then all the text was invisible. The console is still set to the default colors. What is going on and how can I fix it?

:)

Anonymous_155, Jul 13, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jul 13, 2019
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Vimutti Win User

Command prompt only works in legacy console mode

Command prompt font messed up after Anniversary Update

Try this.

• Open Command Prompt Properties > Options then check on "Use legacy console (requires relaunch)".
    • Change font that you want.
    • Relaunch program.
    This solution will change the Command Prompt to old version. So you cannot use the new feature like Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V.

Vimutti, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Command prompt only works in legacy console mode

1. Command prompt only works in legacy console mode - Similar Threads - Command prompt works

2. How to get back legacy command prompt.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back legacy command prompt.: I'm learning c++ and when I run the compiled application by double clicking it gets opened in the new terminal app. I want the old command prompt to be used when I double click the exe. Any idea ?...
  3. How to get back legacy command prompt.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get back legacy command prompt.: I'm learning c++ and when I run the compiled application by double clicking it gets opened in the new terminal app. I want the old command prompt to be used when I double click the exe. Any idea ?...
  4. commands for command prompt not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    commands for command prompt not working: im trying to reset my laptop and everytime it says there was a problem resetting your pc so i looked up a youtube vid on how to fix this and came across the command "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" when i press enter however NOTHING happens, i let it sit for a...
  5. commands for command prompt not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    commands for command prompt not working: im trying to reset my laptop and everytime it says there was a problem resetting your pc so i looked up a youtube vid on how to fix this and came across the command "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" when i press enter however NOTHING happens, i let it sit for a...
  6. Command Prompt broken after switching to legacy mode

Command Prompt broken after switching to legacy mode: Hello, I recently enabled legacy mode for command prompt in Windows 10, but when I try to switch back command prompt displays an empty screen with no prompt or cursor screenshot below. What has happened and is it possible to fix? Thanks [IMG]...
  7. Command Prompt gives a blank black screen unless I use legacy console

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt gives a blank black screen unless I use legacy console: So one day, I turned my CMD to legacy mode, and restarted, and then I was like, "That's cool that they have that, now let me turn back to normal mode." And nowevery time I try to start CMD without legacy mode on, I get a blank black screen. I have confirmed that CMDis running...
  8. Dark mode not working on command prompt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark mode not working on command prompt: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/westo48 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4glnr/dark_mode_not_working_on_command_prompt/
  9. Black screen with cursor - Not getting into safe mode only command prompt is working

Black screen with cursor - Not getting into safe mode only command prompt is working: Hi All, I am stuck very badly, my system is not working at all, just shows black screen. things which i have tried already, i was able to see advanced option only when i tried restarting system for 3 times in a row, as it went into automatic repair mode, after i saw the...
  10. Enable or Disable Legacy Console Mode for All Consoles in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Legacy Console Mode for All Consoles in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Legacy Console Mode for All Consoles in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Legacy Console Mode for All Console Windows in Windows 10 A console (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications. For example:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cmd legacy console mode

2. cmd as system with legacy console