Windows 10: Command Prompt opening and closing immediately

Discus and support Command Prompt opening and closing immediately in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; im trying to open my cmd, ive tried as administrator, I've tried making a copy and renaming the exe file, I've tried launching it in safe mode. and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by konse93, Jan 5, 2021.

1. konse93 Win User

Command Prompt opening and closing immediately

im trying to open my cmd, ive tried as administrator, I've tried making a copy and renaming the exe file, I've tried launching it in safe mode. and nothing is working

:)

konse93, Jan 5, 2021
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jan 5, 2021
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Zari90 Win User

Command Prompt just flashes and closes immediately

Hi there,

Can anyone please assist, recently had an issue with trying to open command prompt, thought it had something to do with a issue on Windows 10 after an update.

When I tried to use cmd to run a command I noticed it would just flash and immediately close, I read previous forums about trying to fix Windows with the disk image, eventually I settled for creating a new Administration account and could access CMD there
    moved all my files over to the new profile and, setup everything from scratch.

Then after all that I signed back into One Drive and the same thing happened again Command Prompt opened and closed immediately so now I know it has something to do with One Drive, tried to disable it via gpedit.msc also tried to unlink my PC but still same
    issue CMD won't work anymore.

PLEASE HELP thanks

Zari90, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Command Prompt opening and closing immediately - Similar Threads - Command Prompt opening

2. Command Prompt is closing immediately after a few seconds!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt is closing immediately after a few seconds!: Hello, I have a problem with command prompt in windows 11. Command prompt is closing automatically all by it's self after few seconds when opened. It is really annoying. When I was about to type something, it closes automatically which makes me angry. And also, the terminal...
  3. Command Prompt is closing immediately after a few seconds!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt is closing immediately after a few seconds!: Hello, I have a problem with command prompt in windows 11. Command prompt is closing automatically all by it's self after few seconds when opened. It is really annoying. When I was about to type something, it closes automatically which makes me angry. And also, the terminal...
  4. Command Prompt Opening Then Closing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command Prompt Opening Then Closing: At the moment I have a problem with my HP laptop. I am running Windows 11 and every 1 minute or so I am not certain if it is a regular time a blank command prompt will open under the system32 directory. There would be no text within the prompt and the title would be the...
  5. Command Prompt closes immediately after opening batch file

in Windows 10 News
    Command Prompt closes immediately after opening batch file: [ATTACH]When we execute a batch file, the Command Prompt opens and closes automatically after processing the batch file. Sometimes, the command is executed so quickly that it seems like the Command Prompt closes immediately after opening the batch (BAT) file. This prevents...
  6. Command Prompt Opens then closes immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt Opens then closes immediately: When I open CMD or any command that uses cmd, it just opens then closes really fastplease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-opens-then-closes-immediately/de915006-128d-4861-ac88-ee63f4cfea67
  7. MFEAvSvc.exe opening command prompt but immediately closes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MFEAvSvc.exe opening command prompt but immediately closes: Hi, Whenever I open an MS Office application Word, Excel, etc. a few command prompts open and close rapidly, one after another. The title bar on the command prompt says: C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MfeAV\MFEAvSvc.exe There is no text within the command prompt that I can see. I...
  8. Command Prompt closing immediately.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt closing immediately.: When I startup and application which requires the command prompt to function I run the application as administrator and then the command prompt just flashes and nothing else happens, I need help....
  9. Command prompt closes immediately after launching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command prompt closes immediately after launching: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ledgerthemain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/docmt1/command_prompt_closes_immediately_after_launching/
  10. Command Prompt just flashes and closes immediately

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Command Prompt just flashes and closes immediately: Hi there, Can anyone please assist, recently had an issue with trying to open command prompt, thought it had something to do with a issue on Windows 10 after an update. When I tried to use cmd to run a command I noticed it would just flash and immediately close, I read...