Windows 10: Command Prompt opens and closes several instances, I can't open them or close them via task...

Discus and support Command Prompt opens and closes several instances, I can't open them or close them via task... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rumbustiousrhino [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rumbustiousrhino, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Command Prompt opens and closes several instances, I can't open them or close them via task...

/u/rumbustiousrhino, Mar 14, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Mar 14, 2020
  3. msilverio Win User
    Command Prompt Won't Close

Ok, so on my Dell Latitude E6520 laptop, I can open command prompt (Normal and Admin), but can not close any of the CMD windows I open unless I go through the Task Manager and shut them down. I do not have that issue on my desktop, which is also running Windows 10 Pro. Is there any known fix to this issue that anyone knows of? The laptop is the only Windows 10 device I've run across that has this issue. It is just incredibly aggrivating that I have to go through the Task Manager just to close the cmd windows *Mad

msilverio, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Command Prompt opens and closes several instances, I can't open them or close them via task...

Task Menu fails to open and closes windows.

Hi Helen,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

1. Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?

2. Have you tested the issue on another user account or a new user account?

3. Have you installed all the latest Windows updates?

4. What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted
    system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.
    Method 2: If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Command Prompt opens and closes several instances, I can't open them or close them via task...

1. Command Prompt opens and closes several instances, I can't open them or close them via task... - Similar Threads - Command Prompt opens

2. My settings are closing as soon as I open them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My settings are closing as soon as I open them?: When I go to open my settings close on startup I have restated my computer multiple times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-settings-are-closing-as-soon-as-i-open-them/d4053446-b503-467d-a92b-2e55e28147e4
  3. Command prompt keeps opening up and closes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command prompt keeps opening up and closes: Command prompt keeps opening up and closes when I start my device or Google Chrome. I'm not sure what this is but I've read others saying it was a malware. I tried factory resetting my device multiple times but the issue stays unsolved....
  4. Why do instances of Command Prompt open and close upon system startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do instances of Command Prompt open and close upon system startup?: This only happened once. When I entered my home screen, three instances of CMD Command Prompt started and instantly closed consecutively.I was messing with my audio drivers before restarting my system and my PC needed an update at the time, so I hope that might have had...
  5. Command Prompt Opening Then Closing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command Prompt Opening Then Closing: At the moment I have a problem with my HP laptop. I am running Windows 11 and every 1 minute or so I am not certain if it is a regular time a blank command prompt will open under the system32 directory. There would be no text within the prompt and the title would be the...
  6. Command prompts open and closes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompts open and closes after startup: The command prompt window states: C:\Users\Loriefel\AppData\Roaming\Ffox.cif https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompts-open-and-closes-after-startup/e268668d-56ae-4efe-a274-b9625a6ba97a
  7. Command Prompt Opens then closes immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt Opens then closes immediately: When I open CMD or any command that uses cmd, it just opens then closes really fastplease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-opens-then-closes-immediately/de915006-128d-4861-ac88-ee63f4cfea67
  8. Command Prompt opening randomly and closing instantly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt opening randomly and closing instantly: I have this command prompt thing opening randomly around every 10 - 15 minutes, this really annoys me when playing games and such. I managed to accidently press the command prompt which prevented it from closing down. If anyone has a fix for it, it would greatly help....
  9. Command Prompt opening and closing immediately

Command Prompt opening and closing immediately: im trying to open my cmd, ive tried as administrator, I've tried making a copy and renaming the exe file, I've tried launching it in safe mode. and nothing is working...
  10. Command Prompt opens and closes randomly

Command Prompt opens and closes randomly: A CMD window with the title "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319" opens about once a minute for a split second and then disappears, I have yet to find a way to stop this... any help? Thanks...