Windows 10: Command prompt opens and closes very quickly on startup.

Discus and support Command prompt opens and closes very quickly on startup. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Whenever I turn on my computer, I see a quick blink of a command prompt. I'm not exactly sure what it is since it's so fast. Some people say it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RandyPlayzMC, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Command prompt opens and closes very quickly on startup.

Whenever I turn on my computer, I see a quick blink of a command prompt. I'm not exactly sure what it is since it's so fast. Some people say it's Office trying to install an update, but Office is already updated!

Need help,

-Randy

:)

RandyPlayzMC, Jan 3, 2021
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jan 3, 2021
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Jan 3, 2021
  4. John DeV Win User

Command prompt opens and closes very quickly on startup.

Command prompt opens and quickly closes after I log on to my account upon startup

Hello Kristian,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I want to apologize if you encountered this issue. I understand you have a problem with command prompt opens then quickly closes. When was the last time you didn't experience that issue? Did you
    made any changes recently?

Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)

Press Start then Search for Command Prompt

Right click and Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

Restore and repair system files

Press Start then Search for Command Prompt

Right click and Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Please try to perform a clean boot in Windows. Check if the issue still occurs.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/929135...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Command prompt opens and closes very quickly on startup.

1. Command prompt opens and closes very quickly on startup. - Similar Threads - Command prompt opens

2. Command Prompt Opening Then Closing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command Prompt Opening Then Closing: At the moment I have a problem with my HP laptop. I am running Windows 11 and every 1 minute or so I am not certain if it is a regular time a blank command prompt will open under the system32 directory. There would be no text within the prompt and the title would be the...
  3. Command Prompt and Powershell window opens and closes on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt and Powershell window opens and closes on startup.: Every time I turn on my computer, these two windows open and then close by themselves after about 5 to 10 seconds.I even attempted to disable every single startup process. Even after performing a clean boot, the problem persists....
  4. Command Prompt and Powershell window opens and closes on startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt and Powershell window opens and closes on startup.: Every time I turn on my computer, these two windows open and then close by themselves after about 5 to 10 seconds.I even attempted to disable every single startup process. Even after performing a clean boot, the problem persists....
  5. Command Prompt and Powershell window opens and closes on startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Command prompts open and closes after startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command prompts open and closes after startup: The command prompt window states: C:\Users\Loriefel\AppData\Roaming\Ffox.cif https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompts-open-and-closes-after-startup/e268668d-56ae-4efe-a274-b9625a6ba97a
  7. Command prompts open and closes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompts open and closes after startup: The command prompt window states: C:\Users\Loriefel\AppData\Roaming\Ffox.cif https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompts-open-and-closes-after-startup/e268668d-56ae-4efe-a274-b9625a6ba97a
  8. Command prompts open and closes after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Command Prompt Appears then quickly closes cscript.exe

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt Appears then quickly closes cscript.exe: Hey Microsoft Community, So, I have just updated with the new 2004 windows update and got my hard drives clean and reinstalled windows. Just a few days ago and realizing that there is a random command prompt pop-up and happens some time in full-screen games and also it...
  10. Command prompt opens and quickly closes after I log on to my account upon startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command prompt opens and quickly closes after I log on to my account upon startup: I turn my PC on and then windows prompts me to log in. So I click the one and only account registered and enter my password to log in. However, after logging in to my computer the command prompt opens and after half a second it immediately closes. I can't read what was on the...