Windows 10: Command Prompt opens and closes when I try to open settings and control panel from within...

Discus and support Command Prompt opens and closes when I try to open settings and control panel from within... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I try to open settings by clicking network and internet settings from the network icon in taskbar or when I try to open control panel by right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by axritee, Oct 6, 2020.

1. axritee Win User

Command Prompt opens and closes when I try to open settings and control panel from within...

Whenever I try to open settings by clicking network and internet settings from the network icon in taskbar or when I try to open control panel by right clicking the sound icon in task bar then clicking open sound settings a command prompt opens and closes instantly instead of settings/control panel opening .It also happens when i open settings app and then go to update and security then troubleshooting and when I click recommended troubleshooting. I have no problem opening settings or control panel from the windows icon or searching it in search bar .The command prompt opening and closing issue seems to happen when i try to open setting/control panel from within another app or from icons in the taskbar .

Please help me fix this its so annoying.

here a small video of the problem:https://gyazo.com/6e1a27cd7c51c313ec7d30bf66ba2b79

:)

axritee, Oct 6, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Oct 6, 2020
  3. I cannot open control panel

Hi Xinghua,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Do you get any error message when you try to open control panel?
    This issue could be because if some missing, corrupt or damaged files in your system. Kindly try the below methods and check if it helps.

Try to search for Control Panel and check if you could open it. If doesn't help, try the below methods.

Method 1: I suggest you to run System File Checker, which will check your system for missing, corrupt or damaged files and attempt to fix them.

Please refer the article on “How to run System File Checker” and check if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-gb

Method 2: DISM:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 6, 2020
  4. cwtech Win User

Command Prompt opens and closes when I try to open settings and control panel from within...

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Command Prompt opens and closes when I try to open settings and control panel from within... - Similar Threads - Command Prompt opens

2. Command prompt keeps opening up and closes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command prompt keeps opening up and closes: Command prompt keeps opening up and closes when I start my device or Google Chrome. I'm not sure what this is but I've read others saying it was a malware. I tried factory resetting my device multiple times but the issue stays unsolved....
  3. Command Prompt Opening Then Closing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command Prompt Opening Then Closing: At the moment I have a problem with my HP laptop. I am running Windows 11 and every 1 minute or so I am not certain if it is a regular time a blank command prompt will open under the system32 directory. There would be no text within the prompt and the title would be the...
  4. Command prompts open and closes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompts open and closes after startup: The command prompt window states: C:\Users\Loriefel\AppData\Roaming\Ffox.cif https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompts-open-and-closes-after-startup/e268668d-56ae-4efe-a274-b9625a6ba97a
  5. Command Prompt Opens then closes immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt Opens then closes immediately: When I open CMD or any command that uses cmd, it just opens then closes really fastplease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-opens-then-closes-immediately/de915006-128d-4861-ac88-ee63f4cfea67
  6. Command Prompt opening randomly and closing instantly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt opening randomly and closing instantly: I have this command prompt thing opening randomly around every 10 - 15 minutes, this really annoys me when playing games and such. I managed to accidently press the command prompt which prevented it from closing down. If anyone has a fix for it, it would greatly help....
  7. Command Prompt opening and closing immediately

Command Prompt opening and closing immediately: im trying to open my cmd, ive tried as administrator, I've tried making a copy and renaming the exe file, I've tried launching it in safe mode. and nothing is working...
  8. Access denied by command prompt when trying to opening "Taskbar setting" and "Open sound...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access denied by command prompt when trying to opening "Taskbar setting" and "Open sound...: Idk how could this happend but iam sure i just realize it now when i trying to open Sound setting command prompt open and closing so fast but i manage to get a screenshoot what the command prompt said i was trying to get some fix but i got nothing so here iam asking for a...
  9. Control Panel closes when opening printing perferences.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Control Panel closes when opening printing perferences.: I have an issue on multiple devices where if I go to Control Panel > Devices & Printers, right click on a printer and select Printing Preferences it will not respond for a second or two and then the Control Panel and all other associated windows will just close. The...
  10. Command Prompt opens and closes randomly

Command Prompt opens and closes randomly: A CMD window with the title "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319" opens about once a minute for a split second and then disappears, I have yet to find a way to stop this... any help? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network and internet settings opens command prompt quickly close