Windows 10: Command Prompt opens and immediately exits with code 1.

Discus and support Command Prompt opens and immediately exits with code 1. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm sorry to have to post a question when there are dozens with the same title, but I have tried all of the options I have seen suggested, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Parmigiana4ever, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Command Prompt opens and immediately exits with code 1.

Hello, I'm sorry to have to post a question when there are dozens with the same title, but I have tried all of the options I have seen suggested, but my issue persists.When I run cmd.exe, it opens and then immediately quits.Things I've tried, but have not solved the issue:Adding C:\Windows\SysWow64 to Path;Temporarily deactivate antivirus;Repair update;Open cmd.exe from a link with administrator privileges;Things that have worked to open the command prompt:Created an new user on my computer. For that user, everything works fine...Opened cmd.exe as:cmd.exe /dI don't know what this implies and I

:)

Parmigiana4ever, Jun 14, 2021
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jun 14, 2021
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Jun 14, 2021
  4. W1zzard Win User

Command Prompt opens and immediately exits with code 1.

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

Command Prompt opens and immediately exits with code 1.

1. Command Prompt opens and immediately exits with code 1. - Similar Threads - Command Prompt opens

2. Windows 10 Command Prompt auto closed. Exited with code 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Command Prompt auto closed. Exited with code 1: Hi,I'm hitting a problem of Windows Command prompt auto closed in about 2 to 2.5 mins, either I do something or do nothing.Even when I open 4 command prompt windows, wait for a few mins, all 4 windows are closed at the same time.I tried using Windows Terminal and still see a...
  3. Windows 10 Command Prompt auto closed. Exited with code 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Command Prompt auto closed. Exited with code 1: Hi,I'm hitting a problem of Windows Command prompt auto closed in about 2 to 2.5 mins, either I do something or do nothing.Even when I open 4 command prompt windows, wait for a few mins, all 4 windows are closed at the same time.I tried using Windows Terminal and still see a...
  4. Windows 10 Command Prompt auto closed. Exited with code 1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Command prompt crashing immediately after opening

Command prompt crashing immediately after opening: Hi, Command prompt closes immediately after I open it. This only started recently after the instalation of miniconda and VScode. I've uninstalled both of those to try to isolate the problem, but command prompt still crashes upon opening. Powershell still works. Command prompt...
  6. Command Prompt Opens then closes immediately

Command Prompt Opens then closes immediately: When I open CMD or any command that uses cmd, it just opens then closes really fastplease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-opens-then-closes-immediately/de915006-128d-4861-ac88-ee63f4cfea67
  7. MFEAvSvc.exe opening command prompt but immediately closes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MFEAvSvc.exe opening command prompt but immediately closes: Hi, Whenever I open an MS Office application Word, Excel, etc. a few command prompts open and close rapidly, one after another. The title bar on the command prompt says: C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MfeAV\MFEAvSvc.exe There is no text within the command prompt that I can see. I...
  8. Command Prompt opening and closing immediately

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Prompt opening and closing immediately: im trying to open my cmd, ive tried as administrator, I've tried making a copy and renaming the exe file, I've tried launching it in safe mode. and nothing is working...
  9. Command Prompt exited with code 1

Command Prompt exited with code 1: [ATTACH] Hi, I'm having this error problem and couldn't run any file and Jupyter notebook is not working also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-exited-with-code-1/8f05ee60-869b-4234-8de6-9b42b3ebd364
  10. Command prompt crashes immediately after opening

Command prompt crashes immediately after opening: When I run command prompt whether directly or by running it as an administrator, it opens and closes immediately, I have made windows upgrade by downloading the tool from Microsoft website, and I have chosen to keep my files and settings. The problem persisted. How can I...