Windows 10: Command prompt opens and quickly closes after I log on to my account upon startup

Discus and support Command prompt opens and quickly closes after I log on to my account upon startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I turn my PC on and then windows prompts me to log in. So I click the one and only account registered and enter my password to log in. However, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kristian AngeloDela Peña, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Command prompt opens and quickly closes after I log on to my account upon startup

I turn my PC on and then windows prompts me to log in. So I click the one and only account registered and enter my password to log in. However, after logging in to my computer the command prompt opens and after half a second it immediately closes. I can't read what was on the command prompt because it closes too fast. How may I resolve this issue?

:)

Kristian AngeloDela Peña, Jun 21, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Jun 21, 2020
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Command prompt opens and quickly closes after I log on to my account upon startup

Command prompt opens and closes when pc starts in windows 10

Hi Neel,

There may be a program running in a background or a corrupted user account that causes the command prompt to pop up. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

• When does Command Prompt window popping up? Is it on the startup screen or on the desktop screen after logging in?
    • Have you recently installed a program prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried logging in to a different user account?
    • What is the current build number and version of your Windows?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you
    create a new user account
    and check if the issue persists.

Let us know your response.

Janeane Cru, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Command prompt opens and quickly closes after I log on to my account upon startup

1. Command prompt opens and quickly closes after I log on to my account upon startup - Similar Threads - Command prompt opens

2. Why do instances of Command Prompt open and close upon system startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do instances of Command Prompt open and close upon system startup?: This only happened once. When I entered my home screen, three instances of CMD Command Prompt started and instantly closed consecutively.I was messing with my audio drivers before restarting my system and my PC needed an update at the time, so I hope that might have had...
  3. Why do instances of Command Prompt open and close upon system startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do instances of Command Prompt open and close upon system startup?: This only happened once. When I entered my home screen, three instances of CMD Command Prompt started and instantly closed consecutively.I was messing with my audio drivers before restarting my system and my PC needed an update at the time, so I hope that might have had...
  4. Command Prompt and Powershell window opens and closes on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt and Powershell window opens and closes on startup.: Every time I turn on my computer, these two windows open and then close by themselves after about 5 to 10 seconds.I even attempted to disable every single startup process. Even after performing a clean boot, the problem persists....
  5. Command Prompt and Powershell window opens and closes on startup.

Command Prompt and Powershell window opens and closes on startup.: Every time I turn on my computer, these two windows open and then close by themselves after about 5 to 10 seconds.I even attempted to disable every single startup process. Even after performing a clean boot, the problem persists....
  6. Command Prompt and Powershell window opens and closes on startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Command prompts open and closes after startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command prompts open and closes after startup: The command prompt window states: C:\Users\Loriefel\AppData\Roaming\Ffox.cif https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompts-open-and-closes-after-startup/e268668d-56ae-4efe-a274-b9625a6ba97a
  8. Command prompts open and closes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompts open and closes after startup: The command prompt window states: C:\Users\Loriefel\AppData\Roaming\Ffox.cif https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompts-open-and-closes-after-startup/e268668d-56ae-4efe-a274-b9625a6ba97a
  9. Command prompts open and closes after startup

10. Command prompt opens and closes very quickly on startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Command prompt opens and closes very quickly on startup.: Whenever I turn on my computer, I see a quick blink of a command prompt. I'm not exactly sure what it is since it's so fast. Some people say it's Office trying to install an update, but Office is already updated! Need help, -Randy...