Windows 10: Command prompt pops up every time Windows wake from sleep mode

Discus and support Command prompt pops up every time Windows wake from sleep mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Here is my problem with command prompt apelet; It pops up as windows 10 wakes up from sleep mode. I checked start up programs, there is nothing about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by aj3450, Sep 21, 2019.

1. aj3450 Win User

Command prompt pops up every time Windows wake from sleep mode

Here is my problem with command prompt apelet; It pops up as windows 10 wakes up from sleep mode. I checked start up programs, there is nothing about "cmd" in my startup programs. I have run FSC /Scannow, it reported that it found some errors and corrected them, also found some errors, which it was not able to correct them and left me a log file. I then scanned my computer with Malwarebyte for virus and it did not find any virus. I should add that a few days ago I contacted Microsoft support via text and the technician I talked to directed me to check hidden programs by running "Autorun", which I did and unchecked the box net to "cmd" in Autorun with no effect; the Command prompt still pops up.

Please help.

:)

aj3450, Sep 21, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Sep 21, 2019
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Command prompt pops up every time Windows wake from sleep mode

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Command prompt pops up every time Windows wake from sleep mode

1. Command prompt pops up every time Windows wake from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Command prompt pops

2. Windows 11 cmd prompt opens every time computer wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 cmd prompt opens every time computer wakes up from sleep mode: Hi, I am running windows 11 and every time the computer wakes up from sleep it also opens a command prompt window. I have tried several solutions, but have had no success. Can you help please?Thank you!Jim...
  3. Windows 11 cmd prompt opens every time computer wakes up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 cmd prompt opens every time computer wakes up from sleep mode: Hi, I am running windows 11 and every time the computer wakes up from sleep it also opens a command prompt window. I have tried several solutions, but have had no success. Can you help please?Thank you!Jim...
  4. Blue Screen of Death every time it wakes up in Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen of Death every time it wakes up in Sleep mode: Is there a solution to this? I've searched and watched every solution available but I want to know how to stop this on my pcThe Problem statesStop code: System_service_exceptionwhat failed: win32kbase.sysI've almost done every command on the CMD from SFC scan, CHKDSK scan,...
  5. Command prompt popping up every 10mins

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command prompt popping up every 10mins: Please help. Recently, a command prompt windows has been popping up every 10 minutes; odd thing is, based on my observations, it only pops up every XX:X0, example: 23:30, 12:40, 07:10, and basically every tenth. I managed to see the title bar of the prompt and it's directory...
  6. BSOD every time PC wakes from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every time PC wakes from sleep mode: I wondered if anyone can provide any help with a very frustrating issue I have been having. My system is a fair few years old and I have never had any problems until recently. All of a sudden, a few weeks ago, I noted that every single time my PC wakes from sleep mode it BSOD...
  7. Command prompt pops up every time Windows wakes from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command prompt pops up every time Windows wakes from sleep mode: Here is my problem with command prompt apelet; It pops up as windows 10 wakes up from sleep mode. I checked start up programs, there is nothing about "cmd" in my startup programs. I have run FSC /Scannow, it reported that it found some errors and corrected them, also found...
  8. Command Prompt pops up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt pops up: For the last week I have Command Prompt popping up on start up and as quickly it goes. Could it be a Microsoft update ? Operating W10 with the latest updates. I have tried all the suggestions I can find in Microsoft and Google with no luck so far ?...
  9. Command Prompt pops up all the time

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt pops up all the time: Thanks a lot guys for your time. what a great community.
  10. Command prompt pop up

in Windows 10 Support
    Command prompt pop up: Hi, for a while now i been having an issue with command prompt. The command prompt will randomly pop up and close immediately. i have had this issue for a while but it didn't really effect me. Recently ive been playing a lot of games and the command prompt will tab me out of...