Windows 10: Command Prompt, Powershell and run command not opening from search function in Start.

Discus and support Command Prompt, Powershell and run command not opening from search function in Start. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, Today when I was trying to open command prompt to check battery report. It didn't open. At first-class I thought this was due to booting lag. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sobya2, Nov 11, 2020.

1. /u/Sobya2 Win User

Command Prompt, Powershell and run command not opening from search function in Start.

So, Today when I was trying to open command prompt to check battery report. It didn't open. At first-class I thought this was due to booting lag. But even after some time it didn't work. I googled and tried some fixes- 1. Changed environment variables(C:\Windows\SysWow64) 2. Did System restore, but both of these methods didn't solve my issue. I also ran rkill to check if there was some malware in my system. It showed that no malwares were found, but it did show incorrect imagepath for a lot of services (will attach pictures later for reference). And same thing is happening for powershell and run. Now i am running them using win+x command and they work fine. But when I try using them from start button it show that the files are unavailable. Honestly at this point I am out of ideas and really need advice on how to fix this issue as it is causing alot of inconvenience. Any help is greatly appreciated and I some of you guys can help me. Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/Sobya2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sobya2, Nov 11, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Nov 11, 2020
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Command Prompt, Powershell and run command not opening from search function in Start.

How to run Command Prompt (Admin)?

I've been trying to get a fix for Windows Update for a while now, and I received a recommendation that requires the use of the administrative form of Command Prompt. Right-clicking the Windows key does not have bring up either Command Prompt or Command Prompt
    (Admin) as an option, though Powershell and PowerShell (Admin) are. Searching my computer for the Command Prompt function brings it up just fine, however I cannot enter the command without being told access is denied.

I have confirmed I am using a profile with administrative permissions, so if anyone knows of additional steps I need to take, I would appreciate some input.

BenOechsli, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Command Prompt, Powershell and run command not opening from search function in Start.

1. Command Prompt, Powershell and run command not opening from search function in Start. - Similar Threads - Command Prompt Powershell

2. Both Command Prompt and Powershell won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Command Prompt and Powershell won't open.: I have been having trouble opening up command prompt and Power Shell. Every time I attempted to open up command prompt, it would close immediately or it will give me the following message: ```[process exited with code 3221225477 0xc0000005]You can now close this terminal with...
  3. Command prompt opening at random times and running commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt opening at random times and running commands: Same issue as seen in this other thread and I have already done everything else stated besides downloading Malwarebytes and doing a full scan but I have run Windows Defender with no results of malware and I'm just creating a new thread like stated at the end of the thread....
  4. Command prompt opening at random times and running commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command prompt opening at random times and running commands: Same issue as seen in this other thread and I have already done everything else stated besides downloading Malwarebytes and doing a full scan but I have run Windows Defender with no results of malware and I'm just creating a new thread like stated at the end of the thread....
  5. Command Prompt And PowerShell Run Automatically On Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt And PowerShell Run Automatically On Reboot: The last 3 times I've rebooted, I notice that the first thing to run is CMD.exe open window and if I do not immediately stop it, it launches I suspect command prompt lauches it PowerShell which runs a script open window and they both will close.I also suspect this is a virus...
  6. Command Prompt And PowerShell Run Automatically On Reboot

Command Prompt And PowerShell Run Automatically On Reboot: The last 3 times I've rebooted, I notice that the first thing to run is CMD.exe open window and if I do not immediately stop it, it launches I suspect command prompt lauches it PowerShell which runs a script open window and they both will close.I also suspect this is a virus...
  7. Command Prompt And PowerShell Run Automatically On Reboot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Powershell or Command prompt !

Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  9. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  10. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Gaming