Windows 10: Command Prompt Shortcut

Discus and support Command Prompt Shortcut in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why don't we have a direct shortcut to open the command prompt cmd in windows ?The closest way i find opening cmd is using Win + R to open the run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by iamStrength, May 10, 2022.

1. Command Prompt Shortcut

Why don't we have a direct shortcut to open the command prompt cmd in windows ?The closest way i find opening cmd is using Win + R to open the run window and then typing "cmd" to open the cmd window, or by pressing Win Key then searching for cmd and opening an admin cmd window.Sometimes i just want to quickly run some commands on cmd window, why do i have to open cmd indirectly. It would be helpful if you can add a direct shortcut to open cmd window and in settings let the user decide to open as admin or normal cmd window.

:)

iamStrength, May 10, 2022
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, May 10, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I didn't see on your list using Win-X to bring up the basic setup of system tools like the original control panel, easy access to device manager, etc. not technically a list of commands, but at least a shortcut *Smile Command Prompt Shortcut :)

Ahhzz, May 10, 2022
  4. Bree Win User

Command Prompt Shortcut

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

Command Prompt Shortcut

1. Command Prompt Shortcut - Similar Threads - Command Prompt Shortcut

2. Command Prompt Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt Shortcut: Why don't we have a direct shortcut to open the command prompt cmd in windows ?The closest way i find opening cmd is using Win + R to open the run window and then typing "cmd" to open the cmd window, or by pressing Win Key then searching for cmd and opening an admin cmd...
  3. Command Prompt Shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt Shortcut: Why don't we have a direct shortcut to open the command prompt cmd in windows ?The closest way i find opening cmd is using Win + R to open the run window and then typing "cmd" to open the cmd window, or by pressing Win Key then searching for cmd and opening an admin cmd...
  4. Command Prompt Shortcut: Language Input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt Shortcut: Language Input: Shortcut Creation: I am trying to create a shortcut that will help me in optimizing my switching between language inputs. I have downloaded the necessary language packs and know the shortcuts for opening a virtual keyboard Windows Key + ctrl + o along with the shortcut for...
  5. Command Prompt Shortcut: Language Input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt Shortcut: Language Input: Shortcut Creation: I am trying to create a shortcut that will help me in optimizing my switching between language inputs. I have downloaded the necessary language packs and know the shortcuts for opening a virtual keyboard Windows Key + ctrl + o along with the shortcut for...
  6. How to Run commands of Command Prompt with a Desktop Shortcut

in Windows 10 News
    How to Run commands of Command Prompt with a Desktop Shortcut: [ATTACH]Opening the Command Prompt and running some commands every time is somewhat a tedious job. Are you also bored of using it constantly? If yes, […] This article How to Run commands of Command Prompt with a Desktop Shortcut first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  7. Need to make a command prompt shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to make a command prompt shortcut: Hi, I'm really struggling with command prompt right now, it doesn't make any sense, and I have found ZERO info through repeated Google searches. I'm on Windows 10 and for some reason my Photoshop CS6 refuses to open and throws the stupid "This app has been blocked for...
  8. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240
  9. Windows 10 Command Prompt Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Command Prompt Shortcuts: I execute the following shortcut from the command prompt in Windows 10: explorer.exe shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App and it works fine. The new Windows Photos app main page shows up, ready to be used. I want to pass a file name as an...
  10. Create Elevated Command Prompt Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Elevated Command Prompt Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Elevated Command Prompt Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands in an elevated command prompt, you can perform tasks that require administrator...