Windows 10: Command prompt startup issue

Discus and support Command prompt startup issue in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi! I have this problem for a while now. When starting or restarting my PC Win 11 OS, I keep encountering this issue wherein cmd keeps popping up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Angel_ine, Nov 22, 2023.

1. Angel_ine Win User

Command prompt startup issue

Hi! I have this problem for a while now. When starting or restarting my PC Win 11 OS, I keep encountering this issue wherein cmd keeps popping up and saying, "Windows cannot find '--minimized'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again."I keep looking for solutions online but there's no fix to this. Please see the screenshot below...

:)

Angel_ine, Nov 22, 2023
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Nov 22, 2023
  3. John Zab Win User
    command prompt issue

Hi Ashra,

To help you fix the issue regarding with command prompt, kindly give us more information on the following:

• Did you make any changes to your PC prior to this issue?
    • Did you happen to install anything before the issue?
    • Were you able to see what was the command prompt running when it opened?
    Alternatively, you can try these steps to resolve the unexpected opening of command prompt:

Method 1: Run System File Checker (SFC) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Method 2: Perform a clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. You can check the section How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

John Zab, Nov 22, 2023
  4. Command prompt startup issue

Windows 10 Taskbar Frozen, Limited Command Prompt Access

Hi Vestii,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to try with the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: DISM

I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 2:

Also, I would suggest you to perform a clean boot and check.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 22, 2023
Thema:

Command prompt startup issue

1. Command prompt startup issue - Similar Threads - Command prompt startup

2. Command prompt startup issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command prompt startup issue: Hi! I have this problem for a while now. When starting or restarting my PC Win 11 OS, I keep encountering this issue wherein cmd keeps popping up and saying, "Windows cannot find '--minimized'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again."I keep looking for...
  3. No Command Prompt in Advanced Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Command Prompt in Advanced Startup: Hi, I tried to recover my password in advanced startup on my HP laptop Windows 11 but unfortunately, I can't find the command prompt when I go in to troubleshoot I see only the start-up settings and UEFI firmware I can't find the command prompt please help thanks by the way I...
  4. No Command Prompt in Advanced Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Command Prompt in Advanced Startup: Hi, I tried to recover my password in advanced startup on my HP laptop Windows 11 but unfortunately, I can't find the command prompt when I go in to troubleshoot I see only the start-up settings and UEFI firmware I can't find the command prompt please help thanks by the way I...
  5. command prompt starting on desktop startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    command prompt starting on desktop startup: Hi recently whenever I turn on my deviceASUS LAPTOP windows 10 the command promt suddenly opens and closes like within a second it has happened to me a numerous times now pls help me....
  6. Command Prompt issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command Prompt issue: I try to open it as an admin, and it says "to continue, enter admin username and password" and the only option it gives me is "no" which closes out the program. This started happening after deleting another account and setting this one to device owner....
  7. Regular command prompt on Advanced startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regular command prompt on Advanced startup: Is it possible to access regular Command Prompt (non-administrator command prompt), through advanced startup? If so, how do i get to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regular-command-prompt-on-advanced-startup/b480184b-f422-4c56-8214-c0274f294009"
  8. Something running in command prompt on startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Something running in command prompt on startup.: I am running Windows 10. When I start my computer, a few items pop up in cmd command prompts and run so quickly I can't read them. I could just read "permission denied" at the end of one of them. I didn't set that up. How can I find out what it is?...
  9. Command Prompt Issue

Command Prompt Issue: I am the only user on my laptop and have the Administrator account. When I access the command prompt, the usual DOS line C:\Windows\system32 does not appear. I have tried opening as Admin, too, even though I already am the Admin. Instead I get this C:\Users\rotor, which is...
  10. Command Prompt Issue

Command Prompt Issue: Hi, Whenever I open my command Prompt (Windows 10 Home), it briefly flashes for less than a second and closes. I tried all the solutions on the Microsoft Forum as well as all other forums but no luck. Right now I don't have any other choice but to use Windows Powershell but...