Windows 10: Command Prompt to delete to recycle bin

Discus and support Command Prompt to delete to recycle bin in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've recently made some bat scripts to do some stuff with zip files, extract and sort/rename etc blah blah blah not important. As part of the cleanup I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mkr10001, Nov 21, 2018.

1. mkr10001 Win User

Command Prompt to delete to recycle bin

I've recently made some bat scripts to do some stuff with zip files, extract and sort/rename etc blah blah blah not important. As part of the cleanup I have it delete the zip file once its extracted however something went wrong the other day and it turns out "del file.zip" just deletes it completely. Is there a way to send to recycle bin via command prompt so i can retrieve the file if something goes wrong??

:)

mkr10001, Nov 21, 2018

2. why do my deleted favourites reappear after being placed in the recycle bin?

Hi John,

If files are stubbornly returning after deletion, it's possible that the recycle bin might be corrupted. To resolve the issue, we suggest that you fix corrupted recycle bin by following these steps:

• Click on the Start menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the following command and press Enter: rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin
    • Type exit to close the Command Prompt window.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Jan Del Win User
    recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Broeux Win User

Windows 10 delete files in recycle bin from command prompt

Thanks so much for your help. The here's how link seems to suggest several different ways to do it, a couple of which I'm pretty sure I tried without success. Which one(s) do you think work for W10? By the way, I have one hard drive, c:, and at cmd I see
    X: and c:, both of which I've tried to get to the recycle bin. I had originally wanted to view the recycle bin to look for files I didn't want to permanently delete but at this point I'm ready to just delete the bin, if Windows replaces it.

Thanks again for your help.

Broeux, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Command Prompt to delete to recycle bin - Similar Threads - Command Prompt delete

2. Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?: Hi. I had 2 important pic files from MY PICTURES that got in the recycle bin. I deleted/emptied the files in recycle bin before I knew my pic file was in there.Is there a secondary way to get the files back from recycle bin? I tried to do a restore time on computer, but it...
  3. Cannot Delete to Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Delete to Recycle Bin: Windows 11 Pro v22H2, OS build 22621.819New Thinkpad used <1 weekRecycle Bin properties > Settings for selected location > Custom size 50Gb"Don't move files to Recycle Bin" is OFF"Display delete confirmation dialog" is TICKEDEvery time I delete a file, it asks if I really...
  4. How to restore file from recycle bin using command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore file from recycle bin using command prompt: My laptop is not booting as one of the system file got deleted and went into recycle bin so how to restore all the files from recycle bin through command prompt....
  5. How to restore file from recycle bin using command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore file from recycle bin using command prompt: My laptop is not booting as one of the system file got deleted and went into recycle bin so how to restore all the files from recycle bin through command prompt....
  6. DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF: HOW CAN I DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE "recycle bin" ITSELF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-all-files-in-recycle-bin-or-delete-recycle/eb83336a-44d1-47be-b51a-808eb6cbfc16
  7. Recover deleted files from Recycle Bin using Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover deleted files from Recycle Bin using Command Prompt: I got a black screen after deleting files from the WindowsApps folder. Now I’m thinking about to recover those files using the command prompt in WinRE. If feasible, what commands should I enter at the prompt?...
  8. Deleted Recycle Bin files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Recycle Bin files: I deleted some files from the recycle bin permanently a few months ago and I now realized that I need them. I’ve downloaded a few apps to recover these files but they all retrieved random stuff that weren’t my files. What are the best free online applications that will help...
  9. Recycle bin deleted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recycle bin deleted: Hello I accidentally deleted the recycle bin shortcut. Is regere a way to get it back? Please help me submitted by /u/Computer-dude123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gnpwjv/recycle_bin_deleted/
  10. CORRUPTED RECYCLE BIN - DELETE IN COMMAND PROMPT RETURNS "SYSTEM CANNOT FIND PATH SPECIFIED"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CORRUPTED RECYCLE BIN - DELETE IN COMMAND PROMPT RETURNS "SYSTEM CANNOT FIND PATH SPECIFIED": When "System cannot find path specified" is message returned while trying to delete $RECYCLE BIN (e.g. A corrupted recycle bin) via command prompt ">rd /s "[drive]:\$recycle.bin". What to do? From my own experience and that of other users. I've noticed that this situation...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete $recycle.bin w10

2. command prompt recycle file cleanup