Windows 10: Command Prompt unable to start correctly 0xc0000142. Click OK to close the application.

Discus and support Command Prompt unable to start correctly 0xc0000142. Click OK to close the application. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I keep trying to open the command prompt however i have been receiving the message "The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142. Click OK... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmirThapa, May 22, 2020.

1. AmirThapa Win User

Command Prompt unable to start correctly 0xc0000142. Click OK to close the application.

I keep trying to open the command prompt however i have been receiving the message "The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142. Click OK to close the application.".

i can use conhost, however i m not being able to open command prompt. How do i stop this?.

:)

AmirThapa, May 22, 2020
  2. Fawkes98 Win User

unable to open Command prompt error "The application was unable to start correctly(0xc0000142). [cmd.exe]"

Original Title: The application was unable to start correctly(0xc0000142). [cmd.exe]"

I am a Windows user and have upgraded to windows 10 pro. Since then I have been getting a error, " The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)" when I try to open command prompt. and similar errors while installing java. I have seen many
    people post about this error on the forum, but never got a perfect solution for it.

Windows engineers who respond to the thread ask to open the command prompt (admin mode) and run some command. I mean its a cmd.exe error, command prompt CANNOT be opened.

I have tried Event viewer but it doesn't show any error log's.

I have tried changing the registry value of LoadAppint value, nothing changed.

Please help me with a solution.

Fawkes98, May 22, 2020
  3. the application was unable to start correctly(0xc0000142)

esrv.exe-application error
    the application was unable to start correctly(0xc0000142).

click ok to close the application.

this dialogue box pops up in windows 10 every times it boots up.

whats the permanent solution to this issue.

shivamagrawal1997, May 22, 2020
  4. Command Prompt unable to start correctly 0xc0000142. Click OK to close the application.

"ESRV.EXE - Application Error" "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application"

This comes up on my lock screen sometimes over the password bar, every time it is opened from hibernate or a full shutdown.

It is

"ESRV.EXE - Application Error"

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application"

I have intel driver update utility and driver update assistant both completely uninstalled. There is nothing related to intel in my startup, and nothing related to intel drivers in my msconfig services menu.

Any help is appreciated.

cheezitupp, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Command Prompt unable to start correctly 0xc0000142. Click OK to close the application.

1. Command Prompt unable to start correctly 0xc0000142. Click OK to close the application. - Similar Threads - Command Prompt unable

2. The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0150002. click OK to close the application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0150002. click OK to close the application: I tried some many things from youtube, stack overflow and so on . but nothing solved this promblem . Even i tried installing Microsoft Scanner and it shown there no malwares in your system even though , iam getting the same error try to solve the promblem...
  3. The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0150002. click OK to close the application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0150002. click OK to close the application: I tried some many things from youtube, stack overflow and so on . but nothing solved this promblem . Even i tried installing Microsoft Scanner and it shown there no malwares in your system even though , iam getting the same error try to solve the promblem...
  4. The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b. click Ok to close the application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b. click Ok to close the application: Hi, I have installed Age of mythology 3 , but i am not able to run it. I have tried every means to solve it reinstalling the game, C++, .NET, running as administrator, compatibility, changing dll files etc., but unable to fix it. If some knows the solution please post it....
  5. Application Was unable to start correctly 0x0000005 click ok to close the application.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Application Was unable to start correctly 0x0000005 click ok to close the application.: Hello all. I've been facing this issue since last update 5 days ago. Before everything was working fine. I tried to install the application again, it worked for some time then became the same. please help....
  6. Application Was unable to start correctly 0x0000005 click ok to close the application.

Application Was unable to start correctly 0x0000005 click ok to close the application.: Hello all. I've been facing this issue since last update 5 days ago. Before everything was working fine. I tried to install the application again, it worked for some time then became the same. please help....
  7. The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000000e5. Click OK to close the application.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000000e5. Click OK to close the application.: I have a problem at the start of laptop i have error oflibrary not found Shell32.ell when start or i try to open any application, e.g. excel, word, powerpoint, google chrome, or any that's liked with system32 folder i got the message The application was unable to start...
  8. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000017). Click OK to close the application.

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000017). Click OK to close the application.: I receive this error whenever I try to open a system tool like regedit, task manager and mmc.exe. I also can't access administrative programs from the control panel even though I'm the admin. Is there a way to solve this problem without resetting it? I'm using Windows 10...
  9. the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)

the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142): [ATTACH]is good to format pc or have any try https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly/29d0a90b-d2ff-42c0-9e71-d35e833fa397
  10. ",,,application was unable to start correctly (Oxxc0000142)...click OK to close the application

",,,application was unable to start correctly (Oxxc0000142)...click OK to close the application: Running Windows 10. All office products (Word, Excel...etc) suddenly stopped working and I am getting the error listed in my title. Looked all over the place and tried some of the suggestions on youtube and other places without luck. Using these applications for a small...
Tags: