Windows 10: Command Prompt User Name format

Discus and support Command Prompt User Name format in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. Is there a way to change the format of my command prompt User Name? Normally it is just the user name but I have 1 pc where it is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chuck Balogh, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Command Prompt User Name format

Hi. Is there a way to change the format of my command prompt User Name? Normally it is just the user name but I have 1 pc where it is the <user name.pc_name>. This is windows 10.

:)

Chuck Balogh, Sep 27, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Sep 27, 2019
  3. cwtech Win User

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Caring1 Win User

Command Prompt User Name format

Command prompt is only accessible from the Administrative Profile, this is to prevent general users from accessing and bypassing controls.
    One method is to remove the drive and connect it to another system.

Caring1, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Command Prompt User Name format

1. Command Prompt User Name format - Similar Threads - Command Prompt User

2. command prompt showing user account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    command prompt showing user account?: due to forgetting password, I did a shift —>restart. I was able to select advance options then command prompt. I was going to try to rest password through the cmd line, but it was asking for password there too. So I was trying to exit this command prompt screen, but every...
  3. command prompt showing user account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    command prompt showing user account?: due to forgetting password, I did a shift —>restart. I was able to select advance options then command prompt. I was going to try to rest password through the cmd line, but it was asking for password there too. So I was trying to exit this command prompt screen, but every...
  4. command prompt showing user account?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. copy file with new name in command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copy file with new name in command prompt: To copy a file with a new name in the command prompt, you can use the copy a command followed by the source file path and the destination file path. Here's the syntax:cssCopy codecopy [source_file_path] [destination_file_path]Replace [source_file_path] with the path of the...
  6. copy file with new name in command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    copy file with new name in command prompt: Hi all, This is a bit of an unusual question. I use a radio automation program called Zara, and am trying to get it to load certain sweeper files automatically. The files where these are stored have a ZSL extension. I have them stored currently in my music folder in a Zara...
  7. Command Prompt Name Change

Command Prompt Name Change: Hello, I've been searching the internet for results and I can't seem to get a clear answer. I'm looking to change the name I don't know what else to call it that appears in the Command Prompt once you open it. When you first open CMD it looks a lot like: C:\Users\*name*>...
  8. Wrong name on command prompt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wrong name on command prompt: I just built a new PC and signed in with my Microsoft account. My account displays my full name (which I'd rather it didn't), but the command prompt shows just my first name with the last letter missing. Why would the name used in the command prompt be wrong, and is there a...
  9. user name and password prompt

user name and password prompt: mail.comcast.net keeps asking me to enter my user name and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/user-name-and-password-prompt/43c75e41-bbcf-4f00-be05-711c9db8ee10
  10. Command Prompt not working for user or Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt not working for user or Administrator: When selecting the command prompt from the right click on startup options I get the following message: 'This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program, or if one is already installed, create an association in...