Windows 10: Command Prompt windows open and close quickly ,often after start up.

Discus and support Command Prompt windows open and close quickly ,often after start up. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Command Prompt windows open and close quickly ,often after start up. Not always and otherwise seem random. Really too fast to get a screen shot and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kinghill, Feb 5, 2021.

1. kinghill Win User

Command Prompt windows open and close quickly ,often after start up.

Command Prompt windows open and close quickly ,often after start up. Not always and otherwise seem random. Really too fast to get a screen shot and they appear to be blank black.

:)

kinghill, Feb 5, 2021
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Feb 5, 2021
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Command Prompt windows open and close quickly ,often after start up.

Windows 10 Taskbar Frozen, Limited Command Prompt Access

Hi Vestii,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to try with the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: DISM

I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 2:

Also, I would suggest you to perform a clean boot and check.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Command Prompt windows open and close quickly ,often after start up.

1. Command Prompt windows open and close quickly ,often after start up. - Similar Threads - Command Prompt open

2. Command prompt keeps opening up and closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt keeps opening up and closes: Command prompt keeps opening up and closes when I start my device or Google Chrome. I'm not sure what this is but I've read others saying it was a malware. I tried factory resetting my device multiple times but the issue stays unsolved....
  3. Command prompt keeps opening up and closes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command prompt keeps opening up and closes: Command prompt keeps opening up and closes when I start my device or Google Chrome. I'm not sure what this is but I've read others saying it was a malware. I tried factory resetting my device multiple times but the issue stays unsolved....
  4. Command prompt keeps opening up and closes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Command Prompt Opening Then Closing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command Prompt Opening Then Closing: At the moment I have a problem with my HP laptop. I am running Windows 11 and every 1 minute or so I am not certain if it is a regular time a blank command prompt will open under the system32 directory. There would be no text within the prompt and the title would be the...
  6. Command prompts open and closes after startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command prompts open and closes after startup: The command prompt window states: C:\Users\Loriefel\AppData\Roaming\Ffox.cif https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompts-open-and-closes-after-startup/e268668d-56ae-4efe-a274-b9625a6ba97a
  7. Command prompts open and closes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompts open and closes after startup: The command prompt window states: C:\Users\Loriefel\AppData\Roaming\Ffox.cif https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompts-open-and-closes-after-startup/e268668d-56ae-4efe-a274-b9625a6ba97a
  8. Command prompts open and closes after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Command prompt opens and closes very quickly on startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Command prompt opens and closes very quickly on startup.: Whenever I turn on my computer, I see a quick blink of a command prompt. I'm not exactly sure what it is since it's so fast. Some people say it's Office trying to install an update, but Office is already updated! Need help, -Randy...
  10. Command Prompt Appears then quickly closes cscript.exe

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt Appears then quickly closes cscript.exe: Hey Microsoft Community, So, I have just updated with the new 2004 windows update and got my hard drives clean and reinstalled windows. Just a few days ago and realizing that there is a random command prompt pop-up and happens some time in full-screen games and also it...