Windows 10: Command prompts open and closes after startup

Discus and support Command prompts open and closes after startup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The command prompt window states: C:\Users\Loriefel\AppData\Roaming\Ffox.cif... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Loriefel M, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Command prompts open and closes after startup

The command prompt window states: C:\Users\Loriefel\AppData\Roaming\Ffox.cif

:)

Loriefel M, Jun 17, 2022
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jun 17, 2022
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Jun 17, 2022
  4. Command prompts open and closes after startup

Windows 10 Taskbar Frozen, Limited Command Prompt Access

Hi Vestii,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to try with the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: DISM

I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 2:

Also, I would suggest you to perform a clean boot and check.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 17, 2022
Thema:

Command prompts open and closes after startup

1. Command prompts open and closes after startup - Similar Threads - Command prompts open

2. Command Prompt Opening Then Closing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command Prompt Opening Then Closing: At the moment I have a problem with my HP laptop. I am running Windows 11 and every 1 minute or so I am not certain if it is a regular time a blank command prompt will open under the system32 directory. There would be no text within the prompt and the title would be the...
  3. Command Prompt and Powershell window opens and closes on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt and Powershell window opens and closes on startup.: Every time I turn on my computer, these two windows open and then close by themselves after about 5 to 10 seconds.I even attempted to disable every single startup process. Even after performing a clean boot, the problem persists....
  4. Command Prompt and Powershell window opens and closes on startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt and Powershell window opens and closes on startup.: Every time I turn on my computer, these two windows open and then close by themselves after about 5 to 10 seconds.I even attempted to disable every single startup process. Even after performing a clean boot, the problem persists....
  5. Command Prompt and Powershell window opens and closes on startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Command prompts open and closes after startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command prompts open and closes after startup: The command prompt window states: C:\Users\Loriefel\AppData\Roaming\Ffox.cif https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompts-open-and-closes-after-startup/e268668d-56ae-4efe-a274-b9625a6ba97a
  7. Command prompts open and closes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompts open and closes after startup: The command prompt window states: C:\Users\Loriefel\AppData\Roaming\Ffox.cif https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompts-open-and-closes-after-startup/e268668d-56ae-4efe-a274-b9625a6ba97a
  8. Command prompt Opens and closes after resetting the PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command prompt Opens and closes after resetting the PC: I have this problem of command prompt suddenly popping and then closing after a second Pls tell me this is not a system error because it hasn't happened after restarting the PC....
  9. Command Prompt opening and closing immediately

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Prompt opening and closing immediately: im trying to open my cmd, ive tried as administrator, I've tried making a copy and renaming the exe file, I've tried launching it in safe mode. and nothing is working...
  10. Command prompt opens and closes very quickly on startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Command prompt opens and closes very quickly on startup.: Whenever I turn on my computer, I see a quick blink of a command prompt. I'm not exactly sure what it is since it's so fast. Some people say it's Office trying to install an update, but Office is already updated! Need help, -Randy...