Windows 10: command shutdown dont work in cmd

Discus and support command shutdown dont work in cmd in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When enter comand "shutdown -s " in CMD get message " shutdown' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dejanmarkovic, Oct 3, 2021.

1. command shutdown dont work in cmd

When enter comand "shutdown -s " in CMD get message " shutdown' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" . What must do to solve this problem?

:)

dejanmarkovic, Oct 3, 2021

2. rename cmd to command >bat file dont work Solution

i m have done that and get a error by looking on the internet i m have fixs it

3 How to rename cmd.exe to command.exe

Step 1: Open the old Control Panel

Step 2: go to System

Step 3: Advanced System Settings

Step 4: On the resulting dialog, Click the 'Environment Variables' button

Step 5: On the next dialog, in the System Variables section, find ComSpec

Step 6: change the C:\Windows\System32\cmd exe to the name you have given your real cmd backup, I used command.exe as example above

Step 7: go to C:\Windows\System32, search for cmd.exe.mui, rename it to command.exe.mui or whatever you have named the real cmd backup

step 8: open regedit go to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\runas\command

step 9: open (Default)

Step 10: Change "SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe /C "%1"%" to

"SystemRoot%\system32\command.exe /C "%1"%" ( so only rename cmd to command ( becouse you have change the cmd.exe to command

scambaiter wob, Oct 3, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile command shutdown dont work in cmd :)

Naki, Oct 3, 2021
  4. zbook Win User

command shutdown dont work in cmd

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Oct 3, 2021
Thema:

command shutdown dont work in cmd

1. command shutdown dont work in cmd - Similar Threads - command shutdown dont

2. shutdown command not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shutdown command not working: Hi, I'd like to make use of the shutdown command, but it doesn't seem to work.I'm trying to run shutdown /h /t 600in CMD, it just gives me the help menu. if running it in the run Win+R, a CMD window pops up for a second but nothing happens.I've also tried replacing the...
  3. shutdown command not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shutdown command not working: Hi, I'd like to make use of the shutdown command, but it doesn't seem to work.I'm trying to run shutdown /h /t 600in CMD, it just gives me the help menu. if running it in the run Win+R, a CMD window pops up for a second but nothing happens.I've also tried replacing the...
  4. shutdown command not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC shutdown dont work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC shutdown dont work: My shutdown function is not working. I have Windows 10 desktop and When I click on shutdown it will lags for couple of minutes then it will only restart. That is the only thing and I dont see any settings where I can make it work properly since there is no changes made on...
  6. PC shutdown dont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shutdown dont work: My shutdown function is not working. I have Windows 10 desktop and When I click on shutdown it will lags for couple of minutes then it will only restart. That is the only thing and I dont see any settings where I can make it work properly since there is no changes made on...
  7. PC shutdown dont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cipher command on cmd not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cipher command on cmd not working: [ATTACH] When I try to use the cipher command on cmd, this happens. Can anyone help? I am using windows 10 home edition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cipher-command-on-cmd-not-working/284fa5fd-7158-4303-a9e0-394f7a00fed8
  9. Command not working in Windows terminal but working in cmd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Command not working in Windows terminal but working in cmd: Hello, I am trying to use windows terminal, however I can't use any command see picture. I've tried to reinstall it and run as administrator but doesn't change anything Do you have an idea of what I can do? Kind regards [ATTACH]...
  10. rename cmd to command >bat file dont work Solution

in Windows 10 Customization
    rename cmd to command >bat file dont work Solution: hello guys i m look for a solution i m like to rename C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe to C:\Windows\System32\command.exe but then i m can not open anny *.bat file can you guys help me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shutdown is not recognized as an internal or external command