Windows 10: Command to check if a user has his screen locked

Discus and support Command to check if a user has his screen locked in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, is there a command to execute at remote desktop to check the user who has a not locked his screen? I want to know who is really working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Francisco Javier Paredes, May 6, 2020.

1. Command to check if a user has his screen locked

Hi, is there a command to execute at remote desktop to check the user who has a not locked his screen? I want to know who is really working.

:)

Francisco Javier Paredes, May 6, 2020

2. No notification on lock screen

Hi Anand,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Try to turn on and off the Show notifications on the lock screen option and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Type quick actions in the search bar and click on Choose your quick actions.
    • Select Lock Screen.
    • Turn on or off the Show notifications on the lock screen option
      and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: Perform System File Checker (SFC) scan.

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    sfc /scannow

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 3:

I would suggest you to create a new user account and check if it helps.

Refer to the following Microsoft article on Create a user account and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 6, 2020
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, May 6, 2020
  4. Command to check if a user has his screen locked

Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Command to check if a user has his screen locked

1. Command to check if a user has his screen locked - Similar Threads - Command check user

2. Windows lock screen for Users only

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows lock screen for Users only: HiI would like to know if anyone can help me with creating a GPO that will apply to users only. The GPO should lock users account that is inactive for 300 seconds.I have tried multiple GPO settings but all seem to apply for all users on a pc, I need it to apply for certain...
  3. Lock screen not showing other user

Lock screen not showing other user: Hi, I once tried to normally open my laptop and sign in my account lets call it Alpha, but when I entered my PIN instead of signing me in it showed some white system error message, so I just clicked Ok and logged in again and all worked fine, but when I booted up my laptop...
  4. Not showing other users in lock screen

Not showing other users in lock screen: Hiii I was created an user called x in computer management under user. And I give password for that and selected password never change option. And then I switched user to x and try to login it showing an error message " the user profile service service failed the sign-in"....
  5. Not showing other users in lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not showing other users in lock screen: Hiii I was created an user called x in computer management under user. And I give password for that and selected password never change option. And then I switched user to x and try to login it showing an error message " the user profile service service failed the sign-in"....
  6. Command to check all users connected before Last reboot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command to check all users connected before Last reboot?: A reboot was detected on a Windows 2012 server after a manual update perform by a user. Is there a way to know who triggered this manual update? I have the reboot time details. Thank you...
  7. Command to check all users connected before Last reboot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command to check all users connected before Last reboot?: A reboot was detected on a Windows 2012 server after a manual update perform by a user. Is there a way to know who triggered this manual update? I have the reboot time details. Thank you...
  8. Command to check all users connected before a reboot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command to check all users connected before a reboot?: I would like to know if there is a command to know all users connected before a reboot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-to-check-all-users-connected-before-a/4f0d0361-2441-4554-8e34-8140be48c5ca
  9. Command to check all users connected before a reboot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command to check all users connected before a reboot?: I would like to know if there is a command to know all users connected before a reboot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-to-check-all-users-connected-before-a/4f0d0361-2441-4554-8e34-8140be48c5ca
  10. can a user still log into his desktop with correct password but lock their account, so a...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can a user still log into his desktop with correct password but lock their account, so a...: We have a user who is a bit too speedy for his own good but he seems to somehow get into his desktop quite a lot but actually have his account locked out, so he enters his password so quick after his "last attempt" that he still manages to get to his desktop. is this even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check if screen is locked windows cmd