Windows 10: Command to suspend/resume the process sppsvc.exe?

Discus and support Command to suspend/resume the process sppsvc.exe? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Generally, my Windows 10 laptop's fan spins profusely, and CPU usage jumps, at random intervals. I've targeted the sppsvc.exe process "Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/torresjrjr, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Command to suspend/resume the process sppsvc.exe?

Generally, my Windows 10 laptop's fan spins profusely, and CPU usage jumps, at random intervals. I've targeted the sppsvc.exe process "Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service" as the culprit (I hate Windows). What I tend to do is painstakingly bring up the Resource Monitor GUI, and select and suspend the sppsvc.exe process with the mouse. I soon learned that I'd need to allow the process to run for a few seconds when necessary, otherwise some programs would freeze or not launch (MS Office progs, VirtualBox).

As a poweruser, I want to be able to have some sort of command, keyboard shortcut, shell script that I can execute at will, to let the process run for ~5 seconds when need be, then suspend again. I also would ideally like a login/startup script that would suspend the process automatically.

I'm unfamiliar with Windows architecture (Unix guy). I don't know what command or signal to send to achieve this. Note that I want to suspend specifically, since after killing the process I've learned Win10 just runs it again.

If it's possible to write a bash script, that would be great. I have Git CMD and MSYS2 installed and I use them frequently. I'm unfamiliar with Win CMD or Powershell (nor do I want to be, to be very honest. But do lecture me).

So, if you have any ideas, guidance, ackchyually's, or a alt solution, let me know.

submitted by /u/torresjrjr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/torresjrjr, Sep 4, 2020

2. Resume/Suspend Process

Hi

In newer Windows 10 versions, windows automatically suspend processes if needed and resume them too.

I don't think you have a need to suspend them manually.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Sep 4, 2020
  3. Resume/Suspend Process

In task manager I suspended a few processes, but when I tried to resume them it wouldn't allow me to. Like, nothing happened, I tried to restart, and many other solutions, but nothing happened. Any other solutions or tips?

Wheeze_565, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Fillmore_ Win User

Command to suspend/resume the process sppsvc.exe?

Unable to resume process after suspending it in the resource monitor

I am unable to resume process after suspending it.

Its just not clickable and it doesnt light up like suspend process does in the beginning.

Fillmore_, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Command to suspend/resume the process sppsvc.exe?

1. Command to suspend/resume the process sppsvc.exe? - Similar Threads - Command suspend resume

2. Suspending processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suspending processes: Hello,Windows keeps suspending processes and then killing them on startup. I have had this issue before, and restoring to a previous point in time used to solve it for a few months but now the issue seems to be persistent even after doing this.I have run SFC /scannow and...
  3. Suspending processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspending processes: Hello,Windows keeps suspending processes and then killing them on startup. I have had this issue before, and restoring to a previous point in time used to solve it for a few months but now the issue seems to be persistent even after doing this.I have run SFC /scannow and...
  4. Not Able To Resume the Suspended Process In Resource Monitor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not Able To Resume the Suspended Process In Resource Monitor.: hiii, i have recently reinstalled my 'Radeon Software' and when i start it nothing happens. So, i look into resource monitor to end its related task. Then i saw a the 'RadeonSoftware.exe' suspended. i tried to resume it but it shows ''Acess denied'' error.please, help me...
  5. Not Able To Resume the Suspended Process In Resource Monitor.

Not Able To Resume the Suspended Process In Resource Monitor.: hiii, i have recently reinstalled my 'Radeon Software' and when i start it nothing happens. So, i look into resource monitor to end its related task. Then i saw a the 'RadeonSoftware.exe' suspended. i tried to resume it but it shows ''Acess denied'' error. please, help me...
  6. Unable to resume suspended process

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to resume suspended process: Hello, I'm unable to resume a suspended process. When I try with resource monitor, process hacker/explorer, it says Access denied. Process is Waves NX. After the update the default audio devices were mixed up. Other Waves NX processes work, and the software itself works with...
  7. Process suspended

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Process suspended: Does anyone know how to fix the problem with windows suspending my game (League of Legends) in task manager? It started when I updated it on ~23.3.2021 (I can't find the update anymore in update history), and one of the things I tried is to delete that update, but it was not...
  8. Suspended process

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Suspended process: Hi, With the latest update i can't open any application preseinstalled in the OS. Like if i start services.msc the process will be suspended or if i try to reset, the OS, from the settings menu it will never allow me to finish because the process will be suspended. If i...
  9. Unable to resume process after suspending it in the resource monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to resume process after suspending it in the resource monitor: I am unable to resume process after suspending it. Its just not clickable and it doesnt light up like suspend process does in the beginning....
  10. Resume/Suspend Process

Resume/Suspend Process: In task manager I suspended a few processes, but when I tried to resume them it wouldn't allow me to. Like, nothing happened, I tried to restart, and many other solutions, but nothing happened. Any other solutions or tips?...