Windows 10: command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps

Discus and support command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have tested an application called Louts note version 5 on my Win 10 V 1909 and it is working fine except one small annoying issue. There is a file... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by samerrustom, Jun 27, 2020.

1. command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps

I have tested an application called Louts note version 5 on my Win 10 V 1909 and it is working fine except one small annoying issue. There is a file nupdate.exe is pop up from time to time.

Is there a CMD or PowerShell command to turn off UAC or to disable this nupdate.exe please.

:)

samerrustom, Jun 27, 2020

2. UAC not allowing software activation

Once again the so called support engineer did not even read the entire thread before posting yet another solution that did not do any good.

However, I was able to solve my situation without your help after all. My original question was how do I turn off UAC. the method suggested in this thread only turns the notifications for UAC off not the UAC itself. In order to turn off UAC completely,
    I went into the registry and turned it off there. After doing this, everything installed perfectly.

Here is a link to read about turning off UAC:

How to turn off and disable UAC in Windows 10

DISCLAMER: Making edits to the registry is EXTREMELY dangerous and could cause damage to your computer. Consult a trained professional with any questions.

DuckJammerCCC, Jun 27, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    How to turn off the User Control Prompt for apps already allowed?

Unfortunately this can't be done.

There is an alternative - or more accurately, a very different - approach you could take, and that is to use a white listing program such as SecureAplus (which runs alongside any existing AV).

Only programs (exe's and dll's) in the white list can run- anything else is challenged.

However, UAC remains an issue, as some thing don't work if you turn UAC off so as not to get any UAC prompts.

- see approaches below esp. Winaero Tweaker to automatically create elevated prompt.

dalchina, Jun 27, 2020
  4. command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps

UAC not allowing software activation

Hello Lourenco,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

We appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. I would like to assist you further from here.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to check if the User Account you are logged in is the Administrator account or not. Follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key and R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter netplwiz to open the
      Advanced User Accounts Control Panel which lists all the users accounts created on a computer.
    However, if you are the administrator, I would suggest you to disable the User Account Control. Follow the below steps and check with the results.

• Type in UAC in the Search Bar and select Change User Account Control Settings.
    • Under User Account Control settings, drag the slider down to Don't notify me when I make changes to the Windows settings.
    • Reboot your computer before the changes take effect.
    UAC Turn Off Disclaimer:

User Account Control (UAC) can help you prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. It works by prompting you for permission when a task requires administrative rights, such as installing software or changing settings that affect other users. We
    don't recommend turning User Account Control off. If you do turn it off, you should turn it back on as soon as possible.

Additionally, I would also suggest you to enable the
    built in administrator account and check if it helps you through the process of the
    Power DVD product activation.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that you need to do the following:

• Press the Windows key t+ R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box
    • Enter cmd and right-click on the Command Prompt result that should appear.
    • This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select Run as administrator there.
    • Accept the UAC prompt
    • Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information feel free to write to us and we woud be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps

1. command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps - Similar Threads - command Turn off

2. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  3. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  4. UAC will not turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    UAC will not turn off: I want to use colemak. I try to download AutoHotKey to do so, and UAC stops me. I go to control panel and go to UAC settings, but UAC stops me from editing UAC settings. I need help before I flip my table....
  5. command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps: I have tested an application called Louts note version 5 on my Win 10 V 1909 and it is working fine except one small annoying issue. There is a file nupdate.exe is pop up from time to time. Is there a CMD or PowerShell command to turn off UAC or to disable this nupdate.exe...
  6. Turning off notifications for specific apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off notifications for specific apps: So I can't help but get annoyed by banners flying out of my desktop as I prefer to keep it clean, so I turn off banners for most of the apps I have, however a few of the apps aren't showing up in the notification centre and they are still making pop up banners notifications,...
  7. Turning off UAC for good

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off UAC for good: Long story short. I am a fire alarm tech. I use different softwares but one cannot open if UAC is on amy setting but Never Notify Me when: and IT is no help as HQ wants it but HQ don't understand it hinders our productivity. Is there a way to keep it at NEVER whenever I use...
  8. UAC Prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Prompt: I am having difficulty accessing a website or PowerPoint document due to an issue with the UAC prompt. When the prompt comes up, I manually enter the username and password. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Fakep@ssword1 The UAC prompt goes away for a split...
  9. Allow specific programs Through UAC with no prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow specific programs Through UAC with no prompt: Hello, I am trying to allow a user to use their external hard drive unlocking security software (western digital "WD Drive Unlock.exe") when they plug in their external drive and not be prompted by the windows UAC. I tried changing it to "Not notify" and it still prompts...
  10. Can I turn off the UAC beep from the command line?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I turn off the UAC beep from the command line?: I am NOT asking about turning on/off UAC, just the beep. This can be manually configured through the UI [img] I'd like to do this via a script using a command line change. Seems like this MIGHT involve "control mmsys.cpl sounds" in some way but I have not sorted it...