Windows 10: Commands/Programs fail to Run

Discus and support Commands/Programs fail to Run in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently my computer ran into a rather frustrating problem, one which I haven't come across until now. All .exe files like program setups fail to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ross Jorge, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Commands/Programs fail to Run

Recently my computer ran into a rather frustrating problem, one which I haven't come across until now. All .exe files like program setups fail to launch. "Feature not supported" is the error message. As does the trusty Task Manager. Ctrl+Alt+Del works, but when i click on Task Manager, nothing happens. A lot of the settings menu like add a user, update nothing seems to respond returning the same error message. As far as i can figure out,, i think i have lost the elevated administrative privileges. Nothing that requires the bare minimum administrative privileges fails to work.

All answers welcome.

:)

Ross Jorge, Sep 25, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Commands/Programs fail to Run :)

4. Commands/Programs fail to Run

available programs via "run" command

Is there a list of available programs that can be run from the "run" command - eg. msconfig, netplwiz, etc.

RalphSchlesinger, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Commands/Programs fail to Run

1. Commands/Programs fail to Run - Similar Threads - Commands Programs fail

2. Any programs are not running even command prompt getting error in run as administration...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any programs are not running even command prompt getting error in run as administration...: I m trying to open command prompt in run as administration but its showing 0xc0000142 error. I am not able to open any softwares nor any programm. Pls help me to solve this....
  3. Any programs are not running even command prompt getting error in run as administration...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any programs are not running even command prompt getting error in run as administration...: I m trying to open command prompt in run as administration but its showing 0xc0000142 error. I am not able to open any softwares nor any programm. Pls help me to solve this....
  4. Windows run commands

Windows run commands: I've been having this issue since I started using windows 11. Whenever I use the Windows key + r and I want to run a application like notepad, mspaint they don't load. The only thing that works is CMD. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?...
  5. 'slui.exe 4' run command isn't opening the slui program.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'slui.exe 4' run command isn't opening the slui program.: NOTE: I am about to update to 25188. The version I'm on while writing this question/problem is 25179.1000.I activated my key last year, and it suddenly stopped working I used `slmgr` to install the key. Now, I want to activate again using the phone. by the way, if you...
  6. 'slui.exe 4' run command isn't opening the slui program.

'slui.exe 4' run command isn't opening the slui program.: NOTE: I am about to update to 25188. The version I'm on while writing this question/problem is 25179.1000.I activated my key last year, and it suddenly stopped working I used `slmgr` to install the key. Now, I want to activate again using the phone. by the way, if you...
  7. "Run" command in "Start?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Run" command in "Start?": I've been instructed to type "Run" iwhen I choose "Start." Where is the box to type a command? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-command-in-start/0ee834a6-c8a9-4bdd-8097-c0185d5474e6
  8. running .exe command

in Windows 10 Customization
    running .exe command: I am using mingw compiler. while i am running a CC++ program works fine program it compiles successfully but when i ran it i am facing a problem.I am getting that access is denied.I tried reinstalling but nothing has changed.I am facing this problem when i am connected to...
  9. Run Command Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Run Command Problem: I recently had viruses on my computer and just noticed that my Run command is not working properly. When I put in Run... I get the pop up box as usual, but when I put in a command, %temp%, %msconfig%, etc. It asks for me to choose a program to open it. I know about program...
  10. Running Commands as an Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Running Commands as an Administrator: I've just downloaded my Windows 10 upgrade and can't send mail through Outlook 13. On a forum I was told to run the sfc command but when I tried, I was told that I'm not an administrator. Mine is the only account on my PC, so surely I must be. Help please! 16164