Windows 10: Comment Attribute is not visible for some File Types

Discus and support Comment Attribute is not visible for some File Types in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, While trying to add comment from the Details Tab for .ma file / .avi files, I could not see the Comment property itself in the Details tab.Is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kriti Kaushik, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Comment Attribute is not visible for some File Types

Hi, While trying to add comment from the Details Tab for .ma file / .avi files, I could not see the Comment property itself in the Details tab.Is there any way to add the Comment Attribute which can be editted ?Adding the screenshots for the reference, as you can see there is not Property called "Comment" for the said file types.Any help would be appreciated!Thanks.

:)

Kriti Kaushik, Jul 28, 2021

2. Change file attribute to 'unhide'

Hello Walt,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the attribute of any file/folder to unhide.

Step A: Show Hidden files

1. Open Windows Explorer(win logo key+E) or My computer.

2. Now click on View on top of the window.
    3. Untick ‘Hidden items’ in the options.

Step B: Change file attribute

1. Once the hidden file is located, right click on the file/folder you want to change the attribute for.

2. Go to ‘properties’, untick the box facing hidden.

3. Now, Click on ‘apply’ and then ‘ok’.

Hope it helps.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 28, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Comments and tags not saved or disappears

Hello,

Could you please answer few question:

• Are you not able to see the Comments section in the file or the comment is missing for the MP3 file in the file section?
    If the Comment section is missing, I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Right click on the categories where you see the file section and click on more and scroll down and check on Comments section and check if it helps.

And issues with Microsoft Word 2010, suggest you to post your query in on the below link and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010

Hope this helps.

Arul_D, Jul 28, 2021
  4. RVer88 Win User

Comment Attribute is not visible for some File Types

Windows version 1809 - excel displays new comment instead of insert comment

Did all of the steps you suggested and the drop down list still does not show "insert comment" HOWEVER when I select "new note" from the dropdown list, it works the same as "insert comment". I think the engineers changed the title. Also at the top
    of the excel screen is a field "tell me what you want to do"; if you type in insert comment, the insert comment window comes up and looks exactly like the window when you select "new note". As you suggested, I will send feedback to the engineers. Thank
    you for your help.

RVer88, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Comment Attribute is not visible for some File Types

1. Comment Attribute is not visible for some File Types - Similar Threads - Comment Attribute visible

2. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Attributes: Hello. I was wondering if I reset my laptop to its factory settings, will all my files revert back to their original attributes hidden, read only, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-attributes/eb32f7ce-d925-452f-a4a9-7cd8d2d7de28
  3. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Attributes: Hello. I was wondering if I reset my laptop to its factory settings, will all my files revert back to their original attributes hidden, read only, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-attributes/eb32f7ce-d925-452f-a4a9-7cd8d2d7de28
  4. some files can't be visible for everyone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some files can't be visible for everyone: Dear Friends.We have a secure group for this folder, but when someone move some files or folders to this parent folder. the SG member can' t see the files except himself. How we make these files and folder can inherit the parent folder permission SG Is there any screenshot...
  5. some files can't be visible for everyone

some files can't be visible for everyone: Dear Friends.We have a secure group for this folder, but when someone move some files or folders to this parent folder. the SG member can' t see the files except himself. How we make these files and folder can inherit the parent folder permission SG Is there any screenshot...
  6. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Attributes: Even when I change the file attributes so they are not "read only", every time I shut off the computer and turn it back on, they revert to "read only". What can I do to stop this? It's so annoying....
  7. File Attributes

File Attributes: Even when I change the file attributes so they are not "read only", every time I shut off the computer and turn it back on, they revert to "read only". What can I do to stop this? It's so annoying....
  8. Comments attributes unreadable by File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Comments attributes unreadable by File Explorer: On my Windows 10 PC, the Comments attribute is no longer readable or writable from File Explorer or equivalent like xplorer2. It did work for the first two months I had the PC. This is the case for all file types from all drives and even files on other PCs on the network. The...
  9. Comments attribute unreadable by File Explorer

Comments attribute unreadable by File Explorer: On my Windows 10 PC, the Comments attribute is no longer readable or writable from File Explorer or equivalent like xplorer2. It did work for the first two months I had the PC. This is the case for all file types from all drives and other PCs on the network. The Comments...
  10. file explorer jpg comments not visible

file explorer jpg comments not visible: When using file explorer I cannot see a jpg "comment" if the jpg was first stored on a mac and vice versa. That is, when using a Mac the jpg "comments" created on a Windows computer do not display....