Windows 10: Comment on W10 small business environment proposed setup.

Discus and support Comment on W10 small business environment proposed setup. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm an xp, w7 user with some unix experience. I know my way around computers at an intermediate level (websites, perl-php, c, ksh, java ...). I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fatkatie, Nov 4, 2018.

1. fatkatie Win User

Comment on W10 small business environment proposed setup.

I'm an xp, w7 user with some unix experience. I know my way around computers at an intermediate level
    (websites, perl-php, c, ksh, java ...). I have never used w10.

I've been asked by a friend to help setup his business "network". Money is an issue so that's why I'm here.
    I'll do it for free. That's my only value. I'll be buying a book.

His environment consists of 4 laptops and one big machine, all brand new, and all running w10.
    The big machine runs a CAD package. The 4 laptops also run a CAD package, but it's a simpler port
    designed for use in sales (kitchen layouts). These CAD packages share files (the main CAD and all
    the laptop CADs). The laptop CAD files must reside on the laptop itself for access a client sites.
    The big box will have a large drive for backups.

Office 365 is installed on all machines. WiFi is used (we'll wire it later).
    The printer is wireless. Mail accounts, for now, reside at yahoo. I am insisting he installs a
    anti-virus app (he's selected pcmatic).

I intend to create a home network to share the printer and CAD files. There is also an option to use a
    remote (cloud) file server.

Please comment, or provide a link, on this issue of sharing and the layout in general. Is this generally
    how is done in the w10 environment? If I can get a good overview I can handle the mechanics - I think.

(And if you know of a book that has a title like "Setting up a small business network with w10"
    I'd love to have the info.)

Thank you very much.

:)

fatkatie, Nov 4, 2018
  2. Allegheny Win User

Backup solutions for Small Business?

What types of solutions out there would be a good first step when it comes to protecting the information of a small business?

Allegheny, Nov 4, 2018
  3. RGWilde Win User
    Business Contact will not run on Motorola Q

I installed Business Contact Manager mobile and it shows that everything is synced. When I try to run Business Contact Manager on my Motorola Q it will open to a Contact Summary tab with partial information for the first contact listed in my BCM contacts.
    I can side step over to the history tab and comment tab only. I have a menu option button that only gives me 3 options. Edit, Delete or Copy contact. I do not get the list of contacts as shown in the tutorial online.

Any suggestions?

RGWilde, Nov 4, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

National Small Business Week: 8 Windows 10 PCs for small businesses

Source: National Small Business Week: 8 Windows 10 PCs great for small businesses - Windows For Your Business

Brink, Nov 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Comment on W10 small business environment proposed setup. - Similar Threads - Comment W10 small

2. Windows for small business

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows for small business: Dear Microsoft,Is there a way to purchase Windows keys for small business instead of purchasing to individuals using Azure portal for exampleReply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-for-small-business/a22388f0-bcbf-4629-b45c-d67223c6bd6f
  3. Windows for small business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows for small business: Dear Microsoft,Is there a way to purchase Windows keys for small business instead of purchasing to individuals using Azure portal for exampleReply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-for-small-business/a22388f0-bcbf-4629-b45c-d67223c6bd6f
  4. Windows for Small Business

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows for Small Business: Hi everyone, need your help! I'm working for a small company and have to get Windows 10 for 10 PCs on behalf of our cmpany. 1. Any idea how to do this? 2. Do I buy licenses separately for each PC? Also, heard about Windows 365, but not sure if it covers just Windows or only...
  5. Windows for Small Business

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows for Small Business: Hi everyone, need your help! I'm working for a small company and have to get Windows 10 for 10 PCs on behalf of our cmpany. 1. Any idea how to do this? 2. Do I buy licenses separately for each PC? Also, heard about Windows 365, but not sure if it covers just Windows or only...
  6. Windows for Small Business

7. Microsoft for small business

Microsoft for small business: I want to suggest that creates a Microsoft small business user ID so that we can log into windows, office, and other products and licenses as a small business. I want to have small business accounts for our small businesses. Where would I make that suggestion, or at what...
  8. Microsoft for small business

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft for small business: I want to suggest that creates a Microsoft small business user ID so that we can log into windows, office, and other products and licenses as a small business. I want to have small business accounts for our small businesses. Where would I make that suggestion, or at what...
  9. VM licensing - Business environment

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    VM licensing - Business environment: 762 / 5000 Rezultatele traducerii Hello! I am an IT Network Administrator and I am writing to clarify some aspects related to licensing in the business environment.We have a virtual machine with Windows 10 VM1, licensed retail that we no longer use but we have not deleted...
  10. Backup solutions for Small Business?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup solutions for Small Business?: What types of solutions out there would be a good first step when it comes to protecting the information of a small business? 109999