Windows 10: commenting out a line in a regedit file possible?

Discus and support commenting out a line in a regedit file possible? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i have a large .reg file that makes lots of changes. some i want to "save for later" but not remove from the reg file. is this possible? for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Feb 28, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

commenting out a line in a regedit file possible?

So i have a large .reg file that makes lots of changes. some i want to "save for later" but not remove from the reg file.

is this possible?

for example in a robocopy script you can precede any command with :: and it will not execute that command.

Does something like this exist for regedit? If so does it preceding the key invalidate that key and the string below it or must it precede both? (id imagine both as the key would indicate where the string is to go, but rather not test the theory and have a string flung in some no-mans-land in my registry lol)

:)

klepp0906, Feb 28, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile commenting out a line in a regedit file possible? :)

3. Arul_D Win User
    Comments and tags not saved or disappears

Hello,

Could you please answer few question:

• Are you not able to see the Comments section in the file or the comment is missing for the MP3 file in the file section?
    If the Comment section is missing, I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Right click on the categories where you see the file section and click on more and scroll down and check on Comments section and check if it helps.

And issues with Microsoft Word 2010, suggest you to post your query in on the below link and check if it helps.

Results in Office - Microsoft Community

Hope this helps.

Arul_D, Feb 28, 2020
  4. ryanly Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

1. commenting out a line in a regedit file possible? - Similar Threads - commenting line regedit

2. Line out Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Line out Audio: So i've recently bought a speaker to accompany my PC as i would like to switch from my headphones to the speaker occasionally, however I have noticed that there is no device listed in settings for my "Line Out" on the rear of my PC, however "Line In" is listed.The only...
  3. Line out Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Line out Audio: So i've recently bought a speaker to accompany my PC as i would like to switch from my headphones to the speaker occasionally, however I have noticed that there is no device listed in settings for my "Line Out" on the rear of my PC, however "Line In" is listed.The only...
  4. Line out Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My cursor is turning into blue lines? Help! (Details in comments)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My cursor is turning into blue lines? Help! (Details in comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CalvinStro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lmygif/my_cursor_is_turning_into_blue_lines_help_details/
  6. Line in is outputting to both rear line out and front line out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Line in is outputting to both rear line out and front line out: How do I prevent it from outputting to both? I want to switch outputs based on the current output device selected. Muting line in under speaker properties mutes it for both. I had "Listen to this device" checked before and muted the speaker and manually changed the output...
  7. Comments in batch files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Comments in batch files: Is there a way to comment out lines in a Windows .bat or .cmd file? Sorry, but I'm drawing a blank on this basic question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/comments-in-batch-files/bb73da92-5bfc-41ff-9d59-c1b82de2c0d8"
  8. Regedit / File listing

Regedit / File listing: Is there a checklist to view all files associated with specific versions of windows that would include the default drivers/registry settings to do a comparison against. I'm hoping there's a place that's like Windows xp or Windows 10 default file list for version xx.xx Home...
  9. exe files and regedit

exe files and regedit: I can't access any of my exe files or regedit. Every time I double click on a program, Windows 10 tells me to find an app to open it. When regedit came up the first time, I looked up the steps to getting my exe files to be recognized by Windows 10 and that didn't work. Now, I...
  10. out of memory at line 1

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    out of memory at line 1: out of memory at line 1 How do I stop this pop up ? 95021