Windows 10: Commercial DVD, not home made, will not play in WMP

Discus and support Commercial DVD, not home made, will not play in WMP in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Using Windows 10. I have looked at another thread about this same issue and the "solutions" there don't work. Windows Media Player installed, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bearcat66, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Bearcat66 Win User

Commercial DVD, not home made, will not play in WMP

Using Windows 10.

I have looked at another thread about this same issue and the "solutions" there don't work.

Windows Media Player installed, but I can't find any information on which version this is.

WMP is set in Win 10 as the default media player.

Yet, no matter what I did, VLC kept automatically opening up when I insert a DVD.

So, I uninstalled VLC.

Double checked everything, but when I insert a DVD, Windows Media Player will not "find" it.

There is no option to select and play a physical DVD!

Something I really hate is some window keeps coming up trying to force me to

buy an "App"?

Apps are for cell phones. Computers use PROGRAMS, not "apps".

Some of us old people are still around. We don't like this goo goo ga ga FisherPrice moron Win10 interface.

We want the Win7 we invested years of muscle memory in.

Everything in Windows 10 seems needlessly complex. I really despise it.

:)

Bearcat66, Oct 13, 2019

2. WMP plays CDs and not DVDs

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing DVD's on Windows Media Player, do let us know what exactly happens when you try to play DVD's from Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter, if not yet deployed.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Also refer to the Microsoft article to know more about: Windows
    Media Player

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Can't play commercial DVDs

I've got a TSSTcorpCDRWDVD TS-L463A DVD/CD rom drive..I can play CDs and burnt CDs, but not commercial DVDs..I have Windows 10 installed on my desktop..Is this drive compatible with Windows 10? It also says "The directory name is invalid " when I try to
    play a DVD. Can this be fixed?

* Moved from Windows Media Player

* Original title: DVD roms

MelenaMullins, Oct 13, 2019
  4. Commercial DVD, not home made, will not play in WMP

WMP 12 on WIN 10 - Won't Play MPG, MP4 - How to Fix?

Microsoft has taken the ability of WMP 12 to play DVD's for commercial gain. It can play most media but not DVD.

K-lite do an excellent codec pack and VLC Player can play DVD.

Failing that, you can revert to going back to Windows 7 and the awesome WMP 11.

It's a shame that Microsoft are profit driven and not customer caring.

2e6ee56a-ffcb-483f-9aa3-9dd6bf4ba76c, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

Commercial DVD, not home made, will not play in WMP

1. Commercial DVD, not home made, will not play in WMP - Similar Threads - Commercial DVD home

2. Windows 10 will not recognize a commercial DVD movie

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will not recognize a commercial DVD movie: Hello, I have a DELL 990 REFURBISHED TOWER COMPUTER CORE I5 31GHZ 8GB MEMORY 2TB HDD WINDOWS 10 PRO from Joy System bought from Staples.com As an aside, I DO NOT recommend refurbished machines from Joy Systems who sells though Amazon, Staples, and other outlets. The...
  3. wmp won't play from my dvd?

in Windows 10 Customization
    wmp won't play from my dvd?: Any idea why? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmp-wont-play-from-my-dvd/d25acd14-2f81-4227-bd81-100a9e1a9983
  4. WMP and VLC no longer play mp3s

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WMP and VLC no longer play mp3s: Just tried to play some music with WMP; wouldn't work. Just get a red X next to the track. But it worked fine a few minutes beforehand. Same with VLC. VLC actually plays the track but no sound comes out. Using the AISO3ALL driver for my DAW and all audio I/O goes through my...
  5. commercials playing

in Windows 10 Customization
    commercials playing: I have commercials playing when I don't have Google or firefox running they just start on there own https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/commercials-playing/f34d33e1-4ccb-442c-a366-ddaba8f15211
  6. WMP won't play music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP won't play music: After over 20 years of enjoying music through WMP I find on this near new laptop with WIn 10 that WMP won't play music files from the music folder or those stored in the WMP library. So I went to give feedback via the Feedback Hub but the msg was not sent as I was informed...
  7. WMP won't play music

WMP won't play music: I keep hearing good things about Iceland jimbo ... hopefully get there to visit (but in the Summer!) skal @nithig Thanks - it's a great friendly place like Ireland the same philosophy "No such thing as strangers -- just friends who haven't yet met" !!!!! try the...
  8. Creating a DVD To Play On Home DVD Player?

Creating a DVD To Play On Home DVD Player?: Hi computing experts, I've got DVD Flick installed but it's been a long time since I used DVD Flick to create a DVD. Is DVD Flick still the easiest way for me to put .MP4 files and .AVI files onto a DVD that'll be playable on a TV? The last DVD I created using DVD...
  9. WMP DVD Playback Restoration

WMP DVD Playback Restoration: So we all know since Windows 8 Microsoft has scrubbed the DVD playback ability of WMP. My question is what exactly did they do and how can I hack it back in? I use VLC Media Player for mostly everything. I've tried to figure this out for a long time but now I am just in the...
  10. Downloading home made DVD to copy again

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloading home made DVD to copy again: Hello! i have been trying, unsuccessfully to download our home videos that are on DVD's. They appear to go into a folder I've made for them, but when I try to copy onto another DVD, when I play it, the first part is missing and I get a message that a file is corrupt. I...